Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Drakensberg KwaZulu Natal  (Read 486 times)

Martin Kristiansen

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 1527
    • Martin Kristiansen
Drakensberg KwaZulu Natal
« on: September 13, 2019, 06:38:00 am »

Haven't shot Landscape for a while. Haven't been feeling very inspired. Looked through some old images from the Drakensberg as I am going to the area next week. Looking for some excitement. Im going to have a real go next week when Im there. In-between watching the start of the rugby world cup
« Last Edit: September 13, 2019, 03:13:59 pm by Martin Kristiansen »
Logged
Commercial photography is 10% inspiration and 90% moving furniture around.

Slobodan Blagojevic

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 18209
  • When everyone thinks the same, nobody thinks
    • My website
Re: Dreakensberg KwaZulu Natal
« Reply #1 on: September 13, 2019, 08:23:29 am »

That’s a fine one. Love the dark processing and the sliver of water.

Martin Kristiansen

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 1527
    • Martin Kristiansen
Re: Dreakensberg KwaZulu Natal
« Reply #2 on: September 13, 2019, 08:44:36 am »

Thanks very much Slobodan
Logged
Commercial photography is 10% inspiration and 90% moving furniture around.

sdwilsonsct

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 3312
Re: Dreakensberg KwaZulu Natal
« Reply #3 on: September 13, 2019, 12:48:54 pm »

...Love the dark processing and the sliver of water.

Yes. Nit: I might crop out the bottom left corner.

Jeremy Roussak

  • Administrator
  • Sr. Member
  • *****
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 9264
    • site
Re: Dreakensberg KwaZulu Natal
« Reply #4 on: September 13, 2019, 01:09:47 pm »

Moody. Just the kind of thing I like, but seldom achieve.

Jeremy
Logged

Paulo Bizarro

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 7522
    • http://www.paulobizarro.com
Re: Drakensberg KwaZulu Natal
« Reply #5 on: September 16, 2019, 04:35:42 am »

Agree with the crop suggestion. Lovely and dramatic light that suits the scene. Reminds me of the type of photography I see from Salgado.

stamper

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 5882
Re: Drakensberg KwaZulu Natal
« Reply #6 on: September 16, 2019, 04:49:54 am »

A fine image as it is.

Martin Kristiansen

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 1527
    • Martin Kristiansen
Re: Dreakensberg KwaZulu Natal
« Reply #7 on: September 16, 2019, 08:03:56 am »

Yes. Nit: I might crop out the bottom left corner.

Thank you.

I’m happy with the crop. I like that little piece coming into frame. If I did want to remove it I would be more likely to clone it out. But I a, going to leave it I think. Not to say suggestions aren’t welcome.
Logged
Commercial photography is 10% inspiration and 90% moving furniture around.
Pages: [1]   Go Up