Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Epson 3880 problem after installing custom profile  (Read 260 times)

tonysiciliano1

• Tony Siciliano Photography
Epson 3880 problem after installing custom profile
« on: September 10, 2019, 07:41:06 pm »

I ordered and received a custom ICC profile for my Epson 3880 and, as instructed, placed it in (MAC) Library/ColorSync/Profiles and successfully used it to make a print using Lightroom (latest version). Then I attempted to make a print using the old "canned" Epson ICC profile and that old profile is no longer is in my list of Profiles that appears in LR. I also looked in the Library/ColorSync/Profiles file and it is also not there. So, where can I find this profile? My new custom ICC profile was titled Epson3880_EpsonPremiumLuster_2019_Sept.icc. Could this have somehow over ridden or gotten rid of my old profile? At any rate, I would like to make a comparison between old and new ICC profile and don't know how to proceed. Can't find the Epson canned profile online. Should I reinstall the legacy Epson3880 printer driver that I have? Suggestions welcomed!

MacPro 2013, OS 10.14.6, LR latest version 8.4, Epson 3880 printer

digitaldog

• Andrew Rodney
    • http://www.digitaldog.net/
Re: Epson 3880 problem after installing custom profile
« Reply #1 on: September 10, 2019, 09:43:13 pm »

The ColorSync utility will list all profiles on your machine.
The original may be deep in a package (where Epson installs them). You can always install the driver again and the profiles will be reinstalled too.
http://www.digitaldog.net/
Author "Color Management for Photographers".

tonysiciliano1

• Tony Siciliano Photography
Re: Epson 3880 problem after installing custom profile
« Reply #2 on: September 11, 2019, 01:01:22 am »

Thanks. I dug deep and found the profile and move it to where it now shows up in LR.
Pages: [1]   Go Up