Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: BRONCOLOR LED F160  (Read 7309 times)

ben730

• www.benhuggler.com
BRONCOLOR LED F160
« on: September 08, 2019, 09:30:02 am »

Hi
Has somebody experiences with the new BRONCOLOR LED F160? I need flicker free light
for some slow motion movies and normally use Broncolor flashes for photography. HMI light seems to be too expensive to invest...
Regards,
Ben

ben730

• www.benhuggler.com
Re: BRONCOLOR LED F160
« Reply #1 on: October 22, 2019, 06:26:02 am »

Nobody?  :(

UlfKrentz

• http://www.shoots.de
« Reply #2 on: October 22, 2019, 04:40:12 pm »

I don´t have personal experience, that´s why I didn´t chime in earlier. While they look interesting, reading the specs I doubt the light will be strong enough for high speed / slow mo shots. If you don´t need this kind of light very often renting might be the smartest move. Big tungstens (which work excellent if you don´t have thermal critical objects) are dirt cheap, HMI´s (even the high speed ones) might suffer from arc wandering, I suggest to do a personal test. Have fun!

ben730

• www.benhuggler.com
« Reply #4 on: October 23, 2019, 08:13:35 pm »

Ulf
Thanks for your appreciated replies.
I think light is the most important instrument of photography.
Your work on your website is outstanding, hands down.
Maybe that's the reason why your replies are always very helpful and based on experience.

Back to the topic:
I ordered and already received a F160.

Tungstens with 2K or more are really too hot....And 2K is the minimum....
(To rent something is also too time consuming here in Lucerne, Switzerland.
Pick up and bring back time takes more than 3.5 hours,
and I want to pay my assistances enough to survive....so buying is o.k...I think)

First impression:
The colours look how they have to, there is no hole. It's my first impression, but I think this is very important!
The light is not strong! The Power is more ore more less similar to the modelling light of the Pulso G/650 W Halogen.
(So it's a little bit less than the 650 W modelling light  :()
With the Satellite you need 2 stands. (But then, it's bright!)
I would say it's not bright enough (limited) with diffusors and paras for 100-400 ISO.
I'm happy to have one and I'm sure it will solve some of my problems.

Next week I have to do some close up water shots with max. 240 fps and the F160 will solve my problems...
But I'm looking forward to a brighter version....

Regards,
Ben

pschefz

« Reply #5 on: November 13, 2019, 04:06:52 pm »

Aputure and  fiilex are much  better solutions  for LED lights, which have come a looooong way in terms of CRI but output is still an issue....even with the latest aputure heads, which still blow broncolor out of the water...plenty of  tests online....
schefz.com
artloch.com

ben730

• www.benhuggler.com
« Reply #6 on: November 13, 2019, 06:52:29 pm »

Aputure and  fiilex are much  better solutions  for LED lights, which have come a looooong way in terms of CRI but output is still an issue....even with the latest aputure heads, which still blow broncolor out of the water...plenty of  tests online....

Thanks Peter,
these lights are very interesting. Continuous light is new for me and I always used Broncolor flashes, for everything.
Fiilex have lights with good output, but CRI95. I will have a deep look at them, when I can touch them in a showroom...
Maybe I was too focused on Bron....

At the moment I'm looking for a big used HMI + balast (compared with minimum 6400 Watt Flash Power).
I think Arri is the only way to go, isn't it?

Thanks,
Ben

pschefz

« Reply #7 on: November 14, 2019, 01:45:54 pm »

fiilex are great, nice output, color is ok  but if output is your concern, aputure is the way to  go....the latest light storm really compares to a 2K....
the CRI ratings always have to be taken  with a grain of salt as well.....from all  manufacturers...
HMIs throw great light but with the lamps and ballast and price....

the only way i have sucessfully used LEDs is the same way i have used HMIs, a big overhead diffusion, and instead of one HMI, a few LEDs....i was hoping to get rid of flash and have tried and looked and tested LED for more then 10 years now....i really think it finally makes sense but the reason they are getting pushed forward is movie lights, LEDs dont produce any heat, are much smaller, easier to fit in tighter spaces, can be run off batteries.....and movies are shot at 1/45 and most digital movie cameras start at 400 iso, 800 and up and usually sets use a ton of lights anyway....so huge power from one light is not so important....

the other thing i have found is that putting any LED in a soft box,para,beautydish, octa,.....eats up more light compared to a flash head....so starting with a lower output, then putting it in a modifier and having that 6ft from your subject....good luck.....
schefz.com
artloch.com

pschefz

« Reply #8 on: November 22, 2019, 12:40:53 pm »

got a demo with the F160 yesterday....looks nice, but power is just too low, barely useable with modifiers in a dark studio, i doubt these would make any sense on location....
schefz.com
artloch.com

OlekVerze

« Reply #9 on: May 03, 2020, 08:31:04 am »

In my country, unfortunately, I cannot rent an F160. I bought two devices after watching reviews.
Problems - the light temperature does not match the setting on the back screen. To have 5500K, I have to install 6400k on the device. Every time you need to check.
A week later, one device began to strobe, switching the color temperature like a flash.
Power is very small.
Inconvenient cable - a very short cord.

ben730

• www.benhuggler.com
« Reply #10 on: May 05, 2020, 08:18:07 pm »

Problems - the light temperature does not match the setting on the back screen. To have 5500K, I have to install 6400k on the device. Every time you need to check.
A week later, one device began to strobe, switching the color temperature like a flash.
Power is very small.
Inconvenient cable - a very short cord.

Interesting, mine is working properly, and the setting 5500 K is 5500 K, every day.
Maybe you have to make the firmware update?

Pages: [1]   Go Up