Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Epson P800 - Cyan/Blue mismatch  (Read 582 times)

tcrawford

Epson P800 - Cyan/Blue mismatch
« on: September 04, 2019, 01:58:46 pm »

When I print after all adjustments in Lightroom, my skies are purple.  I need to set the Blue HSL sliders in Lightroom to H -10 and S +5 to match well.  Did not experience this on my old Epson 3800.

Not quite sure where to go from here, this is my setup:

Epson P800 (brand new)
BenQ SW2700PT (brand new)
MacBook Pro 2016 15"
Lightroom 8.4
Spyder5 Pro

I have calibrated the BenQ with the Spyder5 two different ways:

1) using Pallete Master and updating the internal LUT (16 bit, large patches, etc) - D65 and ~110 Lumens
2) setting the BenQ to its default AdobeRGB profile and using the Spyder5 software

Those two methods were different, the Spyder5 software made it slightly warmer, but no overall big differences in hue.

Using the Spyder5 in method #1 was not appreciably different than the BenQ built in AdobeRGB profile.  This makes me think both the monitor and Spyder5 are functioning correctly.

I'm not sure what else is in the chain here other than 1) the output from Lightroom, 2) the printer driver, and 3) the printer firmware.

I guess my question is since I can adjust HSL in Lightroom to get where I need to be, do I live with that?  That doesn't seem like a common thing to have to adjust.

I'd appreciate any ideas on where to go from here.

tcrawford

Re: Epson P800 - Cyan/Blue mismatch
« Reply #1 on: September 04, 2019, 02:07:12 pm »

I guess the other place to handle this would be in the camera calibration panel?

tcrawford

« Reply #2 on: September 04, 2019, 02:14:25 pm »

Or bad ICC profile?  Just doing test prints with Epson ICC for the basic Luster paper.

digitaldog

• Andrew Rodney
    • http://www.digitaldog.net/
« Reply #3 on: September 04, 2019, 03:19:56 pm »

You should always test output using good color reference images designed for that task. The color reference images RGB values are such they are set for output and are editing and display agnostic. Test the output this way and examine for the same color issues so we know it's not your image specific issues causing the problems:
http://www.digitaldog.net/files/2014PrinterTestFileFlat.tif.zip
http://www.digitaldog.net/
Author "Color Management for Photographers".

tcrawford

« Reply #4 on: September 04, 2019, 08:25:17 pm »

Andrew - thanks for taking the time to respond.  The root cause is that I'm an idiot and was printing to the old 3800 ICC profile instead of the P800 profile.  I thought I had switched it but when I got home from work went over it one more time and found that.  Now everything is golden.  Only wasted 20 sheets of paper :)

Doug Gray

« Reply #5 on: September 04, 2019, 08:42:24 pm »

Andrew - thanks for taking the time to respond.  The root cause is that I'm an idiot and was printing to the old 3800 ICC profile instead of the P800 profile.  I thought I had switched it but when I got home from work went over it one more time and found that.  Now everything is golden.  Only wasted 20 sheets of paper :)

You're not an idiot. It happens to us all at times.
Pages: [1]   Go Up