Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Hasselblad X1D 3rd Party Lenses anyone  (Read 1207 times)

rollsman44

Hasselblad X1D 3rd Party Lenses anyone
« on: August 31, 2019, 01:47:36 pm »

I know that Native lenses are the best to use but just looking to see what other lenses can still give Excellent IQ. My interest would be a Portrait lens as I have the XCD 65mm and love it. Thanks   Dennis

PS   I know the HC lenses are good to use but they are Big and Heavy and not much difference in price from the XCD lenses. Yes I know an adaptor is needed as well

BobShaw

• Aspiration Images
Re: Hasselblad X1D 3rd Party Lenses anyone
« Reply #1 on: August 31, 2019, 08:08:02 pm »

Well the cheapest XCD lens is the one that will do, the XCD90. You can get these second hand now on ebay for around $2000US or less.
HC lenses are the same price if you buy them new, but why would you buy them new? There are heaps of them on eBay. An HC80 would do the job and does not weigh much. I used that before I got the XCD90.

You will need to manual focus if you go the older HC route, but not a big deal for portrait as I would manual focus anyway.
Honestly though, at the end of the day XCD is the answer.

The only third party lens I use is the Canon TSE24 for landscapes.
Website - http://AspirationImages.com
Studio and Commercial Photography

rollsman44

« Reply #2 on: September 01, 2019, 09:21:41 pm »

Bump   Decided NOT to buy 3rd party lenses and wait on the XCD lens in the near future

Fotophil

« Reply #3 on: September 07, 2019, 03:41:06 pm »

I have tried both both and I think you will like the native XCD Lenses a lot more than third party lenses. Good choice!
Pages: [1]   Go Up