Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Phase One XF AFr is not the same as Hasselblad True Focus  (Read 2812 times)

BobShaw

• Aspiration Images
Re: Phase One XF AFr is not the same as Hasselblad True Focus
« Reply #20 on: September 02, 2019, 09:31:03 pm »

Excellent advice. I would change "needing" autofocus to "wanting" autofocus. Some use it a lot, others not so much. But, I don't want to nitpick too much as I agree with the general advice.

To add to your comment on the savings, it's always nice to have money to travel to new locations to photograph. Choice is good!
Also excellent advice. To those needing AF as your first priority (like a sports photographer) I would say buy a Canon or Nikon. MF is not made for that. It will always be slower. Horses for courses. I have photographed motorcycle racing using manual focus. I missed a few but I seldom focussed on the sign behind them.

LOL on the savings and travel. I haven't been here many years but I have seen people buy 4 brand new MF cameras in the last three years. The last one the same as the first. They must have more dollars than sense. They could travel around the globe several times and really get some great photos.
Website - http://AspirationImages.com
Studio and Commercial Photography

BernardLanguillier

• http://www.flickr.com/photos/bernardlanguillier/sets/
« Reply #21 on: September 02, 2019, 10:57:33 pm »

One caveat though, some people have money but no time...

Owning a camera isn’t time consuming, traveling the world or even one’s own world, takes time.

Cheers,
Bernard

TechTalk

« Reply #22 on: September 02, 2019, 11:23:36 pm »

One caveat though, some people have money but no time...

Owning a camera isn’t time consuming, traveling the world or even one’s own world, takes time.

Cheers,
Bernard

I feel very sad for people that have money but no time. In their final moments, they rarely say if only I had more money.
Respice, adspice, prospice - Look to the past, the present, the future

TechTalk

« Reply #23 on: September 02, 2019, 11:37:22 pm »

Here's something that will make some folks happy and others not. Here's Karl Taylor, who has been a pretty active Hasselblad ambassador, in a rant on why you don't need a Hasselblad.

I wouldn't say the things he does the way he says them. However, I am generally sympathetic to his point of view.

Feel free to skip past the one minute long lead in. I don't know why people make those so long.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4GflhBUSpdQ
Respice, adspice, prospice - Look to the past, the present, the future

BernardLanguillier

• http://www.flickr.com/photos/bernardlanguillier/sets/
« Reply #24 on: September 03, 2019, 01:36:52 am »

I feel very sad for people that have money but no time. In their final moments, they rarely say if only I had more money.

Yes... on the other hand they have money because they have been focusing their life on having money (leaving aside the significant chunk who have just inherited money from dad and mom)... and it's no easy for them to call quit... when you have taxes to pay and your friends who keep racing ahead...

It's the ring, you serve it more than it serves you. That's the message Tolkien has been trying to convey to us.

Cheers,
Bernard
« Last Edit: September 03, 2019, 01:54:14 am by BernardLanguillier »

BobShaw

• Aspiration Images
« Reply #25 on: September 03, 2019, 05:56:28 pm »

Yes... on the other hand they have money because they have been focusing their life on having money (leaving aside the significant chunk who have just inherited money from dad and mom)... and it's no easy for them to call quit... when you have taxes to pay and your friends who keep racing ahead...

It's the ring, you serve it more than it serves you. That's the message Tolkien has been trying to convey to us.

Cheers,
Bernard
OK, way off topic, but that is what the forum is about. (:-)
Shocking news but, nobody ever got rich working. You only work about 8 hours a day. So if you are depending on working to make money then most of the day you are not making money and going backwards. People make real money with investments that make money when they sleep. If you are running a business and you can't leave the business to go on holidays then you are not running a business, you ARE the business.

Unfortunately most people never learn that and according to the Australian Bureau of Stats only 1% of Australians are rich at aged 65. Most are either dead, poor or on welfare.

I am certainly not one of the 1%, but Tolkien I am certain does not NEED to work.
« Last Edit: September 03, 2019, 06:19:22 pm by BobShaw »
Website - http://AspirationImages.com
Studio and Commercial Photography

Steve Hendrix

• http://www.captureintegration.com/
« Reply #26 on: September 03, 2019, 10:24:12 pm »

Then again, some people have no money and no time!   :-\

There are many different flavors of the money/time variants in our world.

Though I do have a high degree of respect for those with not much time or money who find their way to the photographic treasures that they pursue. That doesn't mean others are not as passionate, but more that passion has pushed them to embrace priority.

Steve Hendrix/CI
Steve Hendrix • 404-543-8475 www.captureintegration.com (e-mail Me)
Phase One | Leaf | Leica | Alpa | Cambo | Sinar | Arca Swiss
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up