Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Problem with Scale function in PS  (Read 530 times)

andyptak

Problem with Scale function in PS
« on: August 27, 2019, 07:12:55 pm »

I shoot architecture and sometimes have to fix distorted objects at the edge of a frame - usually because it was shot with a Canon 17mm TS.

I make a rectangle around the offending area, usually a piece of furniture or such that has become elongated, and then I use Scale to nudge the edge back into a more realistic rendering.

Somehow whenever I try to do this now the entire rectangle selection just shrinks in size as I nudge the offending edge inwards. I nudge one edge and top, bottom and the opposite edge of the selection moves inwards too. All four sides move in unison.

I'm stumped. Any ideas? Thanks.

Alan Klein

• Flicker photos
Re: Problem with Scale function in PS
« Reply #1 on: August 27, 2019, 08:52:46 pm »

Is format locked?  it would then follow the original formatting.  Don;t you have to release that so you can move only one side at a time?

Redcrown

« Reply #2 on: August 28, 2019, 01:19:14 am »

In recent updates, Adobe flip-flopped the function of transforming a selection. Since the beginning of time, grabbing a corner or side and dragging it did NOT maintain the aspect ratio. You had to hold down the shift while dragging to maintain aspect ratio. Now it the opposite. Hold down the shift to ignore aspect ratio.

https://www.photoshopessentials.com/basics/free-transform-in-photoshop-cc-2019-new-features-and-changes/
« Last Edit: August 28, 2019, 01:23:07 am by Redcrown »

andyptak

« Reply #3 on: August 28, 2019, 09:53:11 am »

Thanks Redcrown. Works like a charm!

Redcrown

« Reply #4 on: August 28, 2019, 11:10:48 am »

That silly move generated so much negative feedback that Adobe added a "use legacy" option in the last Photoshop update (20.0.5)
Pages: [1]   Go Up