Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Canon Pro4000 Printing Incorrect Sizes  (Read 397 times)

JHamel

• Justin Hamel Photography
Canon Pro4000 Printing Incorrect Sizes
« on: August 23, 2019, 01:00:31 pm »

Hey, I'm having some issues printing through LR and PS and can't for the life of me figure it out on the Adobe help pages.

I'm using roll paper through a Canon Pro4000 and the photos are printing 1/4" larger than the specified sizes in the print dialogue box in LR or the canvas in PS. I talked to Canon and they told me that it's Adobe sending files to the printer as borderless and the printer is forced to resize. Does this make sense?

All of that said, I can't for the life of me find out where to select a border or borderless settings in LR Classic. As of now, I'm making custom paper sizes of 44" x 13" to print 8x12's. Under Page Setup -> Custom Sizes, I can select .5" all around for non-printable area, but it makes no difference whether it's set to .5 or 0. Is there a way for LR to read the loaded paper as a roll, rather than a custom-sized sheet? Is my only way around this to make the cell sizes 1/4" smaller than I desire the print to be?

Panagiotis

• Fine Art Print
Re: Canon Pro4000 Printing Incorrect Sizes
« Reply #1 on: August 24, 2019, 06:47:05 am »

Hey, I'm having some issues printing through LR and PS and can't for the life of me figure it out on the Adobe help pages.

I'm using roll paper through a Canon Pro4000 and the photos are printing 1/4" larger than the specified sizes in the print dialogue box in LR or the canvas in PS. I talked to Canon and they told me that it's Adobe sending files to the printer as borderless and the printer is forced to resize. Does this make sense?

All of that said, I can't for the life of me find out where to select a border or borderless settings in LR Classic. As of now, I'm making custom paper sizes of 44" x 13" to print 8x12's. Under Page Setup -> Custom Sizes, I can select .5" all around for non-printable area, but it makes no difference whether it's set to .5 or 0. Is there a way for LR to read the loaded paper as a roll, rather than a custom-sized sheet? Is my only way around this to make the cell sizes 1/4" smaller than I desire the print to be?

Open the printer driver from inside LR. At the Page Setup tab uncheck Borderless and Enlarged/Reduced printing check boxes. Try again to print 8X12s on the 44" X 13" custom paper size.

I.T. Supplies

Re: Canon Pro4000 Printing Incorrect Sizes
« Reply #2 on: August 26, 2019, 10:05:10 am »

The printer driver between any program will allow you access to these features/settings before you send the file.  Doing anything just in the print window will not technically give you full access as it's through the software itself managing what you're printing with little access.

You can uncheck Borderless printing, change from sheet to roll or vice versa, color mode (if having the printer manage colors or software with ICC profile) and other things like Media Type to match the printer's setting.  Without changing the printer driver settings to match what you're doing, you won't get it printed out properly.
Pages: [1]   Go Up