Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Hasselblad H4D body value  (Read 622 times)

rs6000

Hasselblad H4D body value
« on: August 23, 2019, 10:10:49 am »

Greetings I am new here but am very familiar with this site since the first P45 was reviewed extensively years ago.
Well without beating around the bush  here's my question.

I once had a Hasselblad H4D-40 it ROCKED, But alas the back slipped out of my hands when I was removing it to clean needless to say it hit a corner of metal table in the worst
possible site UGH smashed the IR cover and put a nice star pattern crack on the ccd itself UGHH :-[
now this was several years ago so at the time replacing or fixing the 40mp ccd was cost prohibitive.
Since then Ive moved to Nikon gear and just want to get a rough estimate of its worth  Ive tried to do market research but failed there seems to still be a lot of  H4Ds out there with 30-50 MP backs on KEh Roberts MB, EBy etc, and there north of 3K.
You can find plenty h1,h2,h3 all over the marketplace unmarried from there Dig backs  but not so with the H4D onward there all paired with a back of some sort.
talking to hassy in NJ seem they are not to wild about users removing backs and swapping them between bodies as you will lose the shims used to micro register the back focus.
Ive never heard of this on the PhaseOne/Mamiya  platform.

any input would be most helpful as I am lost

BobShaw

• Aspiration Images
Re: Hasselblad H4D body value
« Reply #1 on: August 25, 2019, 10:57:08 pm »

Someone here posted this matrix some time ago. Basically any back H3DII and above should work. Don't worry too much about the matched backs.
I put an H3DII back on an H4D body no problem.
If you want to sell the body it is probably worth about $1000US.
Website - http://AspirationImages.com
Studio and Commercial Photography

rs6000

« Reply #2 on: August 26, 2019, 01:11:40 pm »

Thank you very much for the reply I thought I had placed this in the wrong section was thinking of reposting in in MDM fMT section
Ha HA
anyway one other question is that valuation based of a complete camera or just the body, For I  sold off my hvd finder years ago

BobShaw

• Aspiration Images
« Reply #3 on: August 26, 2019, 06:22:21 pm »

is that valuation based of a complete camera or just the body
Just the body IMO. I bought one for a similar price a couple of years ago.
Check on ebay.
Website - http://AspirationImages.com
Studio and Commercial Photography
Pages: [1]   Go Up