Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Wooden Suicide  (Read 614 times)

Rob C

Wooden Suicide
« on: August 20, 2019, 08:07:46 am »

Hugged to death.

Slobodan Blagojevic

• When everyone thinks the same, nobody thinks
    • My website
Re: Wooden Suicide
« Reply #1 on: August 20, 2019, 11:53:15 am »

At least the U.K. is trying to extricate itself ;)

PDeXplore

« Reply #2 on: August 20, 2019, 01:24:43 pm »

With the caption, I think it's a very interesting photo and i spent a little while analyzing to see what's going on.

Without the provocative caption, I think the subject is suddenly much less clear and maybe misses the mark for me. I think there's maybe just a bit much going on with the tree stump to really see your vision unless told ahead of time.

Rob C

« Reply #3 on: August 20, 2019, 02:07:42 pm »

At least the U.K. is trying to extricate itself ;)

You mean, to leap from plenty, to the hug of the ginger-man's whim?

:-)

Rob C

« Reply #4 on: August 20, 2019, 02:11:39 pm »

With the caption, I think it's a very interesting photo and i spent a little while analyzing to see what's going on.

Without the provocative caption, I think the subject is suddenly much less clear and maybe misses the mark for me. I think there's maybe just a bit much going on with the tree stump to really see your vision unless told ahead of time.

Agreed: the point of captions - for me - is to project my take on the subject. If others see something different, or nothing at all, that isn't my vision, it's theirs, if you see what I mean.

Bob_B

• It's all about light
    • Robert Belas Photography
« Reply #5 on: August 21, 2019, 08:23:27 am »

I like the way the blurred background lines and the sharp lines of the subject interact with and reinforce one another. Also, I really enjoy your processing, its near perfect.
Robert Belas Photography
www.belasphoto.com

Rob C

« Reply #6 on: August 21, 2019, 09:06:05 am »

I like the way the blurred background lines and the sharp lines of the subject interact with and reinforce one another. Also, I really enjoy your processing, its near perfect.

Thank you, Bob; if it works that's because of the many years of working and learning how to print in the Rolls-Royce Photo Unit darkrooms in Scotland. Being a service unit, not expected to make money, the ethos was that you redid it until you got it right. Priceless training ground.

Again, muchas gracias for the kind comment.

Rob
« Last Edit: August 21, 2019, 09:29:03 am by Rob C »

John R

« Reply #7 on: August 21, 2019, 12:55:15 pm »

Thank you, Bob; if it works that's because of the many years of working and learning how to print in the Rolls-Royce Photo Unit darkrooms in Scotland. Being a service unit, not expected to make money, the ethos was that you redid it until you got it right. Priceless training ground.

Again, muchas gracias for the kind comment.

Rob
Bob makes a good observation, the background really helps reinforce that wooden heart you obviously pulled out from some unsuspecting tree. Just look at those broken torn arteries-  you monstrous troll ;)

Rob C

« Reply #8 on: August 21, 2019, 03:36:02 pm »

Bob makes a good observation, the background really helps reinforce that wooden heart you obviously pulled out from some unsuspecting tree. Just look at those broken torn arteries-  you monstrous troll ;)

It was shot one afternoon whilst walking back to the car after eating lunch. Lunch was had in a place I avoid, but I'd forgotten it was my normal place's day closed. Anyway, I did harbour grim thoughts about the food.

But no, not murder: the silly thing heard about tree-hugging over the grapevine, so it tried it, but liked it so much it didn't know when to stop, and just ended up hugging itself to death. Shit happens.

Fate.

David Eckels

• It's just a camera.
    • Website
« Reply #9 on: August 21, 2019, 06:07:44 pm »

I could also see that the sticks could be imagined to form elements of the letters w, h, and y. Maybe if you squint a little. Agree with the background and the processing comments by Bob.

Rob C

« Reply #10 on: August 22, 2019, 11:28:42 am »

I could also see that the sticks could be imagined to form elements of the letters w, h, and y. Maybe if you squint a little. Agree with the background and the processing comments by Bob.

;-)
Pages: [1]   Go Up