Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Nikon  (Read 1090 times)

Rob C

Nikon
« on: August 19, 2019, 07:51:48 am »

The very best reason for buying into Nikon if you believe that lightning can strike twice. Worked for Bert Stern: he got two gigs, if not three - with the lady:

« Last Edit: August 19, 2019, 07:57:13 am by Rob C »

Jim Metzger

Re: Nikon
« Reply #1 on: August 21, 2019, 07:11:41 pm »

Been shooting Nikon since 1970, still waiting for that first lightning strike  ;)

Rand47

« Reply #2 on: August 22, 2019, 08:14:17 am »

The very best reason for buying into Nikon if you believe that lightning can strike twice. Worked for Bert Stern: he got two gigs, if not three - with the lady:

Rob,

Very cool shot.  Playful. Thanks for sharing. 

Rand
Rand Scott Adams

Rob C

« Reply #3 on: August 23, 2019, 08:58:27 am »

His once available freely on the Internet video mentions the event, and I have read several differing versions of what went down. AFAIR, he says that he made a low-key pass but she gently said no. Which is cool, the best outcome of them all.

I really wonder about the events that led to her passing. After all the early skin shots that she had done, she seemed to rise beyond that, but then at the end she reverted to allowing it to happen. I ask myself if she just knew it was soon going to be over, and that it was her final tasting of personal freedom, and the hell with modesty restrictions and all the studio bullshit? As almost everybody does, she had passed that age and would have known, but she went along with it one more time.

On another level, scars and all, those photographs will be remembered long after all those anodyne, Photoshopped, plastic-skinned current "beauties" are forgotten; I think it was a terrible mistake to have PR people control photo-shoots: they kill memorable work. You can't beat rapport, and you have a helluva hard time trying to achieve it with an audience of interfering idiots.

DJBee

« Reply #4 on: August 31, 2019, 07:10:21 am »

I cannot find the article in my archives about the Stern/Marilyn shoot but from memory Stern said that the 'mirror' picture above came at the end of a three day shoot and was the last one on the roll. He also mentioned that he did not have a physical relationship with her but that it had been a distinct possibility. He said that he had regretted it ever since and expressed a great affection for her. He was a stunningly good photographer.

Rob, I found your website inspirational! Great work.
Pages: [1]   Go Up