• www.ivophoto.be
To Tie
« on: August 17, 2019, 07:15:38 am »

My as.  :o

RSL

• http://www.russ-lewis.com
Re: To Tie
« Reply #1 on: August 17, 2019, 07:34:50 am »

Good one, Ivo. The background completes the picture.
Russ Lewis  www.russ-lewis.com.

stamper

« Reply #2 on: August 17, 2019, 07:35:06 am »

Well Done!

petermfiore

• Peter Fiore Fine Art
« Reply #3 on: August 17, 2019, 07:41:37 am »

I like it...No one in NYC would stop to tie a shoe like that. Asking for trouble. ;~)

Peter

Rob C

« Reply #4 on: August 17, 2019, 08:51:39 am »

I like it...No one in NYC would stop to tie a shoe like that. Asking for trouble. ;~)

Peter

Every now and then there are colourful marches to encourage that very thing.

Keep walking; trip later if you must!

Now watch the righteous hate mail pile in...

;-)

Slobodan Blagojevic

• When everyone thinks the same, nobody thinks
    • My website
« Reply #5 on: August 17, 2019, 08:58:30 am »

..l.No one in NYC would stop to tie a shoe like that..l

Or in prison.

Btw, good catch, Ivo.

Eric Myrvaagnes

• http://myrvaagnes.com
    • http://myrvaagnes.com
« Reply #6 on: August 17, 2019, 10:28:40 am »

Good one, Ivo. The background completes the picture.
+1.
-Eric Myrvaagnes (visit my website: http://myrvaagnes.com)

Ivo_B

• www.ivophoto.be
« Reply #7 on: August 17, 2019, 12:38:27 pm »

Thanks all, it was fun to spot this situation. 🥴

32BT

• Pictures
« Reply #8 on: August 18, 2019, 05:15:57 am »

Thanks all, it was fun to spot this situation. 🥴

32BT: "Do I really need to add another rule of thumb for this spelling situation too?"

Ivo: "No, you don't. This spells trouble. Everyone can see that..."

Regards,
~ O ~
If you can stomach it: pictures

Ivo_B

• www.ivophoto.be
« Reply #9 on: August 18, 2019, 06:01:10 am »

32BT: "Do I really need to add another rule of thumb for this spelling situation too?"

You can focus on more important things instead of my linguistic stubbornness.  🤗😬😬😏

Rob C

« Reply #10 on: August 18, 2019, 06:11:56 am »

The best conversations are always internal ones: fewer misunderstandings. Which are almost never misunderstandings, but just confrontations of conflicting views held at the same time. My guess is that it has something to do with the left and right sides of the brain being able to hold, simultaneously, ideas that are in opposition, one with the other. This proves not indecision, but rather that there are very few definitives worth squat. It's the beauty of those popular Ammendments: they can be all things to all men and, perhaps, women, but certainly grist to the mills of lawyers, both or either men or women.

I washed the kitchen floor this morning, along with the floors of the bathrooms; as a result of poor timimg and forward planning (should this be in the advertisements ban slot instead?), I washed myself not into a corner, but into a time situation which precludes going out to eat, because I must let everything dry first since I have no intention of deserting the place leaving windows open, so from an innocent start cometh forth a torrent of inconveniences. I must try to remember not to act on implulse, however benign on the face of it. Fortunately, I made and froze some good soup some weeks ago. Learn from this.

Oh well, silver linings.

KLaban

• Keith Laban Photography
« Reply #11 on: August 18, 2019, 06:18:15 am »

The best conversations are always internal ones: fewer misunderstandings. Which are almost never misunderstandings, but just confrontations of conflicting views held at the same time. My guess is that it has something to do with the left and right sides of the brain being able to hold, simultaneously, ideas that are in opposition, one with the other. This proves not indecision, but rather that there are very few definitives worth squat. It's the beauty of those popular Ammendments: they can be all things to all men and, perhaps, women, but certainly grist to the mills of lawyers, both or either men or women.

I washed the kitchen floor this morning, along with the floors of the bathrooms; as a result of poor timimg and forward planning (should this be in the advertisements ban slot instead?), I washed myself not into a corner, but into a time situation which precludes going out to eat, because I must let everything dry first since I have no intention of deserting the place leaving windows open, so from an innocent start cometh forth a torrent of inconveniences. I must try to remember not to act on implulse, however benign on the face of it. Fortunately, I made and froze some good soup some weeks ago. Learn from this.

Oh well, silver linings.

Yup, as long as your lips don't move.

;-)

32BT

• Pictures
« Reply #12 on: August 18, 2019, 06:23:14 am »

Oh well, silver linings.

I read a recent theory somewhere that we are all born as Siamese twins. Fortunately, for most of us, this Siamese twin is obviously underdeveloped. I didn't think the idea to be all that far fetched. It would actually explain all the internal dialogues, as well as for example the sometimes contorted impulses we have. It could however, also be considered a really bad excuse for not controlling those impulses.

I don't know. Do with that info what you will.

btw Is Moira still around?
Regards,
~ O ~

petermfiore

• Peter Fiore Fine Art
« Reply #13 on: August 18, 2019, 09:45:13 am »

I read a recent theory somewhere that we are all born as Siamese twins. Fortunately, for most of us, this Siamese twin is obviously underdeveloped. I didn't think the idea to be all that far fetched. It would actually explain all the internal dialogues, as well as for example the sometimes contorted impulses we have. It could however, also be considered a really bad excuse for not controlling those impulses.

An interesting theory. But, I believe it's closer to the later.

Peter
« Last Edit: August 18, 2019, 09:50:19 am by petermfiore »

Slobodan Blagojevic

• When everyone thinks the same, nobody thinks
    • My website
« Reply #14 on: August 18, 2019, 10:25:54 am »

That word and thumb... hmmm... what could go wrong?... or right?  ;)

32BT

• Pictures
« Reply #15 on: August 18, 2019, 10:31:40 am »

That word and thumb... hmmm... what could go wrong?... or right?  ;)

Yeah, I know. What could go wrong... But it's relatively benign. Want to know the literal translation of rule-of-thumb from dutch to english?

Fist-rule.

I kid you not.

Regards,
~ O ~

Rob C

« Reply #16 on: August 18, 2019, 10:41:25 am »

I don't know. Do with that info what you will.

btw Is Moira still around?

Oh yes, indeed!

Because of the heat, my eyes (the glare) and a general sense of feeling victim of global warming (one measure I apply is this: where there were, say, peaks of 36 degrees during the day, the degree numbers don't always go upwards, but they last longer at that level), I have been leaving it later into the evening before going out with the affection bribes.

The other evening I was particularly late, and the field was empty. Nonetheless, I gave two finger-whistles, and to my surprise, she came out from behind some structure in the next field, and actually broke into a trot or gallop - who knows? - up to the fence and got her reward. She does a lot more standing still in trance in summer. Saw a docu. on Woodstock a couple of nights ago; I think she might have enjoyed that - except for the music. She gets precious little grass or rain, in fact she has access to more rock than grass, and when it does rain, she rolls in the mud to cover herself in it as probable protection against ticks and flies and other predatory things with wings and stings. No fool, she.

I'm not sure about the twin thing; perhaps its nature's way of letting us cover our bets, and also to blame ourselves for some of the shit that goes down. Free will has certainly got more than a little to do with it. Which raises the question: are we all equipped to handle free will, or might it be a blessing too many?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4mitOpbAggY

;-)
« Last Edit: August 18, 2019, 10:52:17 am by Rob C »

Rob C

« Reply #17 on: August 18, 2019, 10:47:00 am »

Yup, as long as your lips don't move.

;-)

That's an unexpected advantage of wearing 'phones out at lunch: folks can be deluded into thinking one is singing along silently, whereas in reality, a heated debate is going on.

That iPad has opened up so many possibilities!

Rob

Ivo_B

• www.ivophoto.be
« Reply #18 on: August 18, 2019, 10:58:29 am »

For the สกปรก minds among us.

=>

degrub

« Reply #19 on: August 18, 2019, 11:19:15 am »

how  about something for ความสนุก ? ;)
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up