Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Upgrade Surecolor P800 Driver - everything is off color  (Read 942 times)

JudyKonopka

Upgrade Surecolor P800 Driver - everything is off color
« on: August 15, 2019, 11:05:11 pm »

Hi, I just upgraded to Epson Surecolor Printer Driver 10.16. The black and white prints are purple in parts and similar to something I would use "invert"  in Photoshop (solarized looking).  This happened on Greyscale files.  I was a little low in ink, replaced all my close-to-emty cartridges and it's still the same. Restarted both the Mac and Printer, upgraded to newest version of PhotoShop, performed a nozzel check, and tried different files...I'm lost as to what to do...Any help would be much appreciated. 

UPDATE:  Performed 3 nozzel cleanings with three tests prints - all is well now. Odd that it happened exactly after I installed the driver, but I'm back. Thanks!
« Last Edit: August 16, 2019, 10:29:54 am by JudyKonopka »

BobShaw

• Aspiration Images
Re: Upgrade Surecolor P800 Driver - everything is off color
« Reply #1 on: August 16, 2019, 04:07:44 am »

10.16 is the one I am using. Without more information start with a nozzle check on the printer. You say that you "replaced all my cartridges". Serious? Only replace when told to.
Website - http://AspirationImages.com
Studio and Commercial Photography

JudyKonopka

« Reply #2 on: August 16, 2019, 08:14:15 am »

10.16 is the one I am using. Without more information start with a nozzle check on the printer. You say that you "replaced all my cartridges". Serious? Only replace when told to.

I should have said, the close to empty ones. I couldn't afford to replace all of them. I also wrapped them and saved them, even though there was just a little left.

Yea, I'm not crazy.

Nozzel  check is fine.
« Last Edit: August 16, 2019, 08:39:23 am by JudyKonopka »

mcbroomf

• Mike Broomfield
« Reply #3 on: August 16, 2019, 08:26:18 am »

I wonder if the update turned on colour control where it wasn't supposed to and you're double profileing?  Not sure what that would do to a B&W print (are you using B&W mode?).

JudyKonopka

« Reply #4 on: August 16, 2019, 08:34:09 am »

I wonder if the update turned on colour control where it wasn't supposed to and you're double profileing?  Not sure what that would do to a B&W print (are you using B&W mode?).

Do you mean "Color Handling"? Yes, the file is greyscale.
« Last Edit: August 16, 2019, 08:43:09 am by JudyKonopka »

Garnick

« Reply #5 on: August 16, 2019, 08:47:05 am »

Hi, I just upgraded to Epson Surecolor Printer Driver 10.16. The black and white prints are purple in parts and similar to something I would use "invert"  in Photoshop.  I was a little low in ink, replaced all my cartridges and it's still the same. Restarted both the Mac and Printer, upgraded to newest version of PS, and tried different files...I'm lost as to what to do...Any help would be much appreciated.

Hello Judy,

When you installed the new driver did you make sure you added the Series version of the driver in Systems Prefs, > Printers & Scanners?  This is very important.  If you have added the Air Printer it will not work as expected, if at all.  See the screenshot below and check if your Default Printer is Series or Air Printer.  If it is Air you have to delete that printer and reinstall - Series Only. 
« Last Edit: August 16, 2019, 08:53:57 am by Garnick »
Gary N.
"My memory isn't what it used to be. As a matter of fact it never was." (gan)

digitaldog

• Andrew Rodney
    • http://www.digitaldog.net/
« Reply #6 on: August 16, 2019, 09:07:24 am »

Make sure not to have 16-bit check box on.
http://www.digitaldog.net/
Author "Color Management for Photographers".

JudyKonopka

« Reply #7 on: August 16, 2019, 09:23:30 am »

Hello Judy,

When you installed the new driver did you make sure you added the Series version of the driver in Systems Prefs, > Printers & Scanners?  This is very important.  If you have added the Air Printer it will not work as expected, if at all.  See the screenshot below and check if your Default Printer is Series or Air Printer.  If it is Air you have to delete that printer and reinstall - Series Only.

Yes, the series is there. Thanks. :( 

Garnick

« Reply #8 on: August 16, 2019, 09:55:47 am »

Yes, the series is there. Thanks. :(

OK, we can count that out.  Next -- Did you delete the former driver before installing the update?  If not that could perhaps be the problem.  There's a specific way of deleting an Epson Printer Diver, but I won't go down that path until you reply to this one. 

Which OS are you working with?
Gary N.
"My memory isn't what it used to be. As a matter of fact it never was." (gan)
Pages: [1]   Go Up