Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Medium Format Magazine, August 2019  (Read 1839 times)

Vieri Bottazzini

• WEBSITES
Medium Format Magazine, August 2019
« on: August 15, 2019, 03:37:10 am »

Hello everyone,

just a quick note to let you know that Medium Format magazine's August 2019 issue is out, with my first column on! Here Olaf Sztaba's announcement:

MEDIUM FORMAT MAGAZINE - AUGUST 2019

The August issue of the Medium Format Magazine is here!
From a fascinating opening piece from Tomasz Lazar to an exclusive and engaging interview with Sean Tucker, we present 160 pages of ad-free, highly curated content you won’t find anywhere else. Make sure to check out our new HOW IT WAS SHOT section with Steven Friedman sharing the story behind his image. Also, Vieri Bottazzini debuts his new column, “Vieri’s Landscape Musing.” You will find rivetting writing and great imagery by Lloyd Chambers, Ibarionex Perello, Lori Levine Ordover, Spencer Wynn, Alex Burke and Ian Howorth.

The Magazine is subscription-only, so - with the Magazine's Chief Editor's permission - I can only share a short excerpt here and an image out of my article, "Shades of Blue":

"Much has been said about the birth of ideas. Ask as many writers, visual artists, composers, inventors, engineers and business people as you want, they will all give you a different description of finding the recipe, gathering the ingredients, mixing them and cooking the dish at the right temperature before they succeed. I concluded there is simply no universal recipe to cook a good idea and no shortcuts to creativity. We all need to work on ourselves, find the process that works for us and cherish, nourish and strengthen it.

..."

If you are interested in subscribing to the Magazine, it is my pleasure to announce that code VIERI20 will grant you a 20% discount on a yearly subscription. Check it out here: MEDIUM FORMAT MAGAZINE!

Have a great day, best regards

Vieri
« Last Edit: August 15, 2019, 03:41:20 am by Vieri Bottazzini »
Vieri Bottazzini
Ambassador for Phase One, H&Y Filters & NYA-EVO
https://linktr.ee/vieribottazzini

Manoli

Re: Medium Format Magazine, August 2019
« Reply #1 on: August 15, 2019, 04:26:40 am »

You need to remind yourself of this thread
https://forum.luminous-landscape.com/index.php?topic=76411.msg611345#msg611345

long quotation, six years old, from Jeff Schewe deleted
« Last Edit: August 15, 2019, 09:51:41 am by Jeremy Roussak »

Jeremy Roussak

• Administrator
    • site
« Reply #2 on: August 15, 2019, 09:56:53 am »

Manoli, if you have an issue with a post on a forum, it would be better for you to complain to me than to post aged strictures from one who was never concerned with management of the site.

Vieri, if you gain financially from people using the code to subscribe the magazine, the code should be posted in the "For Sale" board. We've been through this with plugsnpixels.

More generally, it is perfectly acceptable for members here to post links to their achievements, professional or amateur. It's happily not uncommon; there are some pretty good photographers who are members.

Jeremy

Vieri Bottazzini

• WEBSITES
« Reply #3 on: August 15, 2019, 10:04:16 am »

Manoli, if you have an issue with a post on a forum, it would be better for you to complain to me than to post aged strictures from one who was never concerned with management of the site.

Vieri, if you gain financially from people using the code to subscribe the magazine, the code should be posted in the "For Sale" board. We've been through this with plugsnpixels.

More generally, it is perfectly acceptable for members here to post links to their achievements, professional or amateur. It's happily not uncommon; there are some pretty good photographers who are members.

Jeremy

Hello Jeremy,

thank you for your post - no, I am proud to confirm that I do NOT get any kickback or any moneys from people using the code, the code is something I asked the Magazine owners to do to celebrate my joining the team, and I am happy to say that they graciously accepted. It's just for the benefit of the community :)

Best regards,

Vieri
Vieri Bottazzini

Klahne

« Reply #4 on: August 15, 2019, 12:48:14 pm »

Thanks for requesting a discount code for people to use when subscribing to 'Medium Format' magazine Vieri!  It was enough incentive for me to subscribe.

Best regards,

Rich

Vieri Bottazzini

• WEBSITES
« Reply #5 on: August 15, 2019, 01:02:29 pm »

Thanks for requesting a discount code for people to use when subscribing to 'Medium Format' magazine Vieri!  It was enough incentive for me to subscribe.

Best regards,

Rich

You are very welcome Rich, I am happy to help when I can! :) Enjoy the Magazine!

Best regards,

Vieri
Vieri Bottazzini

siddhaarta

« Reply #6 on: August 15, 2019, 03:08:59 pm »

I also used your discount code, thanks for that. Also, I enjoyed your article "Shades of Blue".

Wanted to mention that the code also works for a monthly subscription. Nice thing is that with a subscription you have access and can download all past issues since October 2018 (including some exclusives).

So, now I have one month time to evaluate whether I want to continue the monthly subscription or not.
« Last Edit: August 15, 2019, 03:12:30 pm by siddhaarta »

Vieri Bottazzini

• WEBSITES
« Reply #7 on: August 15, 2019, 05:47:50 pm »

I also used your discount code, thanks for that. Also, I enjoyed your article "Shades of Blue".

Wanted to mention that the code also works for a monthly subscription. Nice thing is that with a subscription you have access and can download all past issues since October 2018 (including some exclusives).

So, now I have one month time to evaluate whether I want to continue the monthly subscription or not.

You are welcome siddhaarta, glad to help :) Thank you for your comment, I am glad you enjoyed my article! Best regards,

Vieri
Vieri Bottazzini

Jeremy Roussak

• Administrator
    • site
« Reply #8 on: August 17, 2019, 03:47:15 pm »

thank you for your post - no, I am proud to confirm that I do NOT get any kickback or any moneys from people using the code, the code is something I asked the Magazine owners to do to celebrate my joining the team, and I am happy to say that they graciously accepted. It's just for the benefit of the community :)

That's a generous gesture from you and from the magazine, Vieri, and I am happy to confirm that I consider there to be nothing objectionable about your original post; indeed, thanks for the pointer and the beautiful image.

Jeremy

Vieri Bottazzini

• WEBSITES
« Reply #9 on: August 17, 2019, 04:42:44 pm »

That's a generous gesture from you and from the magazine, Vieri, and I am happy to confirm that I consider there to be nothing objectionable about your original post; indeed, thanks for the pointer and the beautiful image.

Jeremy

Thank you Jeremy, much appreciated :) Best regards,

Vieri
Vieri Bottazzini

eronald

• My gallery on Instagram
« Reply #10 on: August 17, 2019, 05:25:13 pm »

You need to remind yourself of this thread
https://forum.luminous-landscape.com/index.php?topic=76411.msg611345#msg611345

long quotation, six years old, from Jeff Schewe deleted

Manoli,

Who are we to complain about some shameless self-promotion by the poor who have inherited the earth?
 Been there done that!

;D

Edmund
If you appreciate my blog posts help me by following on https://instagram.com/edmundronald

landscapephoto

« Reply #11 on: August 18, 2019, 02:04:33 am »

For what it is worth, the same magazine was discussed a year ago:

https://www.getdpi.com/forum/medium-format-systems-and-digital-backs/64631-mediumformat-com.html

Jeremy Roussak

• Administrator
    • site
« Reply #12 on: August 18, 2019, 06:29:04 am »

Who are we to complain about some shameless self-promotion by the poor who have inherited the earth?
 Been there done that!

Edmund, I will charitably assume that you rushed to make this post having read Manoli's and not troubled yourself with the rest of the thread. Insofar as it means anything, it is offensive.

Jeremy

Rob C

« Reply #13 on: August 18, 2019, 01:21:33 pm »

Edmund, I will charitably assume that you rushed to make this post having read Manoli's and not troubled yourself with the rest of the thread. Insofar as it means anything, it is offensive.

Jeremy

Jeremy, that's at least open to debate.

Edmund has a point, and self-promotion on a heavy scale is not often the best atmosphere. It's hard to see anything but commercial promotion in much of the posting that's going down with some people...

If I remember correctly, it was the impression of commercial promotion that made the previous management feel not quite right as a fit for what LuLa had been. You will remember that caused a certain degree of unhappiness in some quarters.

Sure, you moderate, so it's your call; that doesn't imply that other perspectives are necessarily mistaken.

Rob

Jeremy Roussak

• Administrator
    • site
« Reply #14 on: August 18, 2019, 01:38:53 pm »

Edmund has a point, and self-promotion on a heavy scale is not often the best atmosphere. It's hard to see anything but commercial promotion in much of the posting that's going down with some people...

Rob, there is a reasonable representation of professional photographers on the site. They post photographs they have taken, as do many of us. Vieri and others commonly add a phrase such as "taken on a workshop I led". I don't regard that as advertising, but of course it can be viewed as "commercial promotion".

Members here also post successes they have had, in competitions or in achieving publication. Slobodan is deservedly successful and has notified us of his successes when the occur, justifiably proud of his achievement. I see no reason to distinguish Vieri's post from any of his, merely because Vieri is a professional.

As I indicated, if the use of the code would bring financial reward to Vieri, I would disapprove of its being posted other than in the "for sale" forum; but he has assured us, publicly, that it doesn't and I don't have any reason to suspect that that is other than entirely true.

That is the end of the matter as far as I am concerned. Sniping from those who have not informed us of their undoubted achievements is mere peevishness.

Jeremy
Pages: [1]   Go Up