Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]   Go Down

Author Topic: Ryzen 3rd Gen  (Read 9733 times)

David Eckels

• It's just a camera.
    • Website
Re: Ryzen 3rd Gen
« Reply #100 on: May 13, 2020, 02:17:51 pm »

Overall it meets expectations.
Thanks, Armand.

kers

• Pieter Kers
« Reply #101 on: May 19, 2020, 10:51:47 am »

Although i said that 32Gb ram is enough for most work i ran into some limitations with large files and 80 layer stacks so went up to 64GBRAM.
Ram is very cheap at the moment ( i paid 140€  for 2x 16GB) so it is not something to worry about.
i ran again the Photoshop  Puget 0.8 test again ( the 09 did not work) and came to better results.
I noticed more cache helps, larger tiles helps and historie set to 1 helps if your system is limited in RAM.

the same system

originaly  i had a score of 853 with 32GB ram
optimum i scored 923 with the same 32GB Ram system but tuned as above and Mojave instead of High Sierra.
with 64 gig Ram and 100 historie ( or 1 history) i got to a score of 973. ( enough ram for all the historie saved)

the 'weak' part of the hardware is now the GPU, but it is good enough for what i do.

BTW what the test does not include and adds significantly to the speed of Photoshop when using many large files is the storage solution and to disable compression in the preferences for tiff,psd and PSB.

« Last Edit: May 19, 2020, 11:03:44 am by kers »
Pieter Kers
www.beeld.nu/la

geneo

« Reply #102 on: May 19, 2020, 07:00:30 pm »

That's not a bad GPU score. It scores slightly better than my Nvidia RTX 2070 super.  AMD has better OpenCL performance, more than I expected.

I was playing around to see if I could increase performance. I switch my Nvidia and photoshop to use 8 bit instead of 10 bit display. I expected it might increase the puget score a little bit. It actually decreased it a significant amount.  Hmmm.

Anyhow that is a solid system. I score 1018 on my 8086k with hyperthreading disabled, but that is overclocked to 5.2 GHz!  A big sinificant difference I see between them is the Photomerge.

Will be an AMD for me next round I think.
Walk softly and carry a big lens
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]   Go Up