Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Topaz Sharpen AI 1.3.1 seems a bit nicer that 1.3.0  (Read 456 times)

earlybird

Topaz Sharpen AI 1.3.1 seems a bit nicer that 1.3.0
« on: August 04, 2019, 01:21:22 pm »

Hi,
 I had some doubts about the results produced by the Topaz Sharpen AI v1.3.0 update. This morning I was working on some photos of moths, and considering the potential for the detail that may be displayed in these pictures.

I started working with v1.3.0 and saw a notification that 1.3.1 was available, so I made two examples using the 1.3.0 version I already had installed and then updated to 1.3.1 and made two more examples using the same settings.

In my opinion, the 1.3.1 version offers the impression of a very slight increase in sharpness, with a noticeable reduction in, for lack of a better words, aliasing or noise artifacts.

When zoomed in and pixel peeping the results of 1.3.1 look smoother and more refined despite the fact that at the normal zoom ratios the results of 1.3.1 seem the slightest bit sharper.

Updating the AI software seems like a mild gamble. Sometimes the results feel like an improvement, but other times I am left to hope the updates are stepping stones to future improvements. In my case, I am glad to have 1.3.1 installed as 1.3.0 was making me second guess the results I was seeing.

Thank you!   
Pages: [1]   Go Up