Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Framing question  (Read 193 times)

armand

• Photos
Framing question
« on: August 04, 2019, 10:07:18 am »

A crop, I mean framing, question. I posted this along another in the landscape but got no input so I'm asking specifically what I need input on.

v3 is as I saw the scene but I think v2 adds a little more perspective IF the left lower corner man watching (in disbelief I would say) the 2 struggling hikers on the other ridge is obvious enough.
v1 is as shot as that's as far I could zoom in with the lens that I had, the 2 people on the left upper corner can add contrast to the struggle of the 2 on the ridge but I feel it detracts more and makes it look a little too casual; it was raining and very slippery.

32BT

• Pictures
Re: Framing question
« Reply #1 on: August 04, 2019, 10:29:42 am »

#3 on all accords. Call it "Monkeys on a Rock". Could go straight into the street section. Let the viewers figure it out for themselves, and leave the interpretation hints out, ergo: no need to add an onlooker in the picture.
Regards,
~ O ~
If you can stomach it: pictures

Slobodan Blagojevic

• When everyone thinks the same, nobody thinks
    • My website
« Reply #2 on: August 04, 2019, 10:46:16 am »

Monkeys obviously! Don't try to fool us with any alternative, anthropomorphic explanation, so #3.

On second thought, depends how big you print it. If sufficiently big, than the human nature of the "monkeys" will be visible, so #1 in that case. Just get rid of that white stripe in the lower left.
« Last Edit: August 04, 2019, 10:50:56 am by Slobodan Blagojevic »

armand

• Photos
« Reply #3 on: August 04, 2019, 10:58:57 am »

On second thought, depends how big you print it. If sufficiently big, than the human nature of the "monkeys" will be visible, so #1 in that case. Just get rid of that white stripe in the lower left.

Funny, this is the version that I posted in landscape, I forgot about this, would be v4: https://forum.luminous-landscape.com/index.php?topic=131548.0

PS. it has too much resolution for almost any size, it's a Z7, particularly considering that there isn't much detail in it.
Pages: [1]   Go Up