Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: How to make electronic lenses stop down manually?  (Read 921 times)

John R

How to make electronic lenses stop down manually?
« on: August 03, 2019, 08:25:41 pm »

Geranium stack. Still trying to get my hands on 100mm manual Pentax macro lens. They are hard to come by. I have the macro tubes but they are all manual and do
 not interface with the newer electronic lenses. Can't get electronic tubes to match. The idea is to photograph and stack only parts of a flower so as to create a more ethereal effect. Something like this where only the bottom row is in focus. Each bud actually has its own plane of focus. Nothing new but it sure would make my work easier. Anyone know of a way to make electronic lenses stop down manually?

JR

Joe Towner

Re: How to make electronic lenses stop down manually?
« Reply #1 on: August 04, 2019, 03:41:14 pm »

What lens & platform? You might be able to do a DoF preview & remove the lens.  Otherwise you can look at a mount adapter that has an internal aperture.  Manual focus medium format lenses may be a good bet - Pentax 645 120Macro for example - as they're adaptable to most all platforms & have manual controls.
t: @PNWMF

John R

Re: How to make electronic lenses stop down manually?
« Reply #2 on: August 05, 2019, 02:04:41 pm »

What lens & platform? You might be able to do a DoF preview & remove the lens.  Otherwise you can look at a mount adapter that has an internal aperture.  Manual focus medium format lenses may be a good bet - Pentax 645 120Macro for example - as they're adaptable to most all platforms & have manual controls.
Thanks for replying. I was planning to get Pentax K1, full frame camera. Problem is they do not make electronic extension tubes for Pentax. Thanks for that "DoF preview" tip. I will try it!

JR
Pages: [1]   Go Up