Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: disable the built in lens profile  (Read 5116 times)

kers

• Pieter Kers
Re: disable the built in lens profile
« Reply #20 on: August 05, 2019, 05:59:22 pm »

Yes , i am looking forward to a corrected lensbaby... or a fisheye... :)
Pieter Kers
www.beeld.nu/la

fdisilvestro

• Frank Disilvestro
« Reply #21 on: August 05, 2019, 06:09:35 pm »

Well, I don't know about lensbaby, but the capability to "de-fisheye" an image in some apps, has been available for a long time already

kirkt

« Reply #22 on: August 05, 2019, 06:57:39 pm »

The NEF file contains the raw data and a recipe for the lens correction. One particular software vendor (Adobe) does not give you the option to disable the "recipe" for lens corrections but you can use other raw converters that give you the option.

For example, Iridient Developer and Capture One provide means to disable the recipe built-in to the raw files for my Fujifilm X-H1 and GFX 50s.  Raw Photo Processor ignores it completely.

Kirk

kers

• Pieter Kers
« Reply #23 on: August 06, 2019, 04:55:55 am »

For example, Iridient Developer and Capture One provide means to disable the recipe built-in to the raw files for my Fujifilm X-H1 and GFX 50s.  Raw Photo Processor ignores it completely.
Kirk

Exactly the reason to get to Adobe and request that. The more people want it the more pressure on Adobe...

So again, this is a good place to request that:

https://feedback.photoshop.com/photoshop_family/topics/disable-built-in-lens-profile?topic-reply-list[settings][page]=2&utm_campaign=merge&utm_content=topic_link&utm_medium=email&utm_source=notification#topic-reply-list
Pieter Kers
www.beeld.nu/la

kirkt

« Reply #24 on: August 06, 2019, 05:28:32 pm »

Exactly the reason to get to Adobe and request that. The more people want it the more pressure on Adobe...

So again, this is a good place to request that:

https://feedback.photoshop.com/photoshop_family/topics/disable-built-in-lens-profile?topic-reply-list[settings][page]=2&utm_campaign=merge&utm_content=topic_link&utm_medium=email&utm_source=notification#topic-reply-list

I remember the public outcry to get PS developers to implement more than the maximum of 4 color sampler targets.  Versions of PS went by without any change - then, at one Photoshop event, developers implemented it on the spot in a "JDI" (Just Do It) session - has been with the CC versions ever since.  Like the color sampler implementation, turning off built-in lens corrections is probably not difficult to implement - I hope your effort is just what it takes to get such a simple thing to percolate to the top of the JDI stack.

Good luck!

kirk
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up