Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Low volume pro-4000 head replacement after 2 years, 100k megadots  (Read 470 times)

Ryan Mack

• Ryan Mack on Facebook

Just wanted to add a datapoint that my pro-4000 needs a head replacement after 2 years. It's a low volume printer with only 100k megadots. Got an EC21-2F51 error yesterday followed by dropping 1/3rd of the PK lines. A deep clean fixed it but later one of the colors (whatever makes the red not orange and the blue not purple) went out. A system clean got it working again but this morning I got another EC21-2F51 error and I called support who told me to buy a new head. I had recently noticed my d-max had gone down and a couple of colors were looking a bit off, so hopefully this fixes that issue. Printer has been powered on almost continuously for the 2 years and never had any clogs that weren't automatically detected and worked around.

Alberto dy

• APHOTO - fine art print
Re: Low volume pro-4000 head replacement after 2 years, 100k megadots
« Reply #1 on: July 30, 2019, 09:15:59 am »

Here in Brazil, we have a group of photographers who bought the Pro4000 in the near future and all had to change their printhead about 2 years old regardless of how much it was printed.
It's Canon's scheduled outage to spend changing heads every 2 years. Costs need to be calculated considering this.

Ryan Mack

• Ryan Mack on Facebook
« Reply #2 on: July 30, 2019, 11:06:20 am »

I wonder if it lasts any longer if I turn it off when it's not in use.

Alberto dy

• APHOTO - fine art print
« Reply #3 on: July 30, 2019, 11:43:43 am »

I don't think so, it may last longer by changing the printer clock, but I haven't tested it
Pages: [1]   Go Up