Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Speculating X1D, GFX50S or Pano SR1  (Read 1193 times)

rollsman44

Speculating X1D, GFX50S or Pano SR1
« on: July 28, 2019, 01:10:27 pm »

I have used the GFX 50S and liked it a lot but sold it. Now My thoughts are to get a MF camera or Mirrorless Camera.  I Don't shoot very much anymore ( 72 Now) but still get a call for Portraits and Family group shots. I am speculating on the above 3 systems. The biggest size that would be made is 16x20 or at best 20x30. Skin Tones important to me and Detail and sharpness, Easy to handhold and Light enough enough . Easy Menu and Great IQ out of camera with very little PP. I would need 2 Less only. Portrait and wide angle. I shoot Flash on camera  with Diffuser and OFF camera mainly. Don't beed Hi ISO  I would need only 1200 Max without loss of detail or color. I hope this helps to get your take on what can meet my objectives. ALSO, The Least COST out of pocket.  Thank you

BobShaw

• Aspiration Images
Re: Speculating X1D, GFX50S or Pano SR1
« Reply #1 on: July 28, 2019, 07:28:37 pm »

I have used the GFX 50S and liked it a lot but sold it. Now My thoughts are to get a MF camera or Mirrorless Camera.
Your first sentence leaves me asking if you liked it then why did you sell it? Clearly you didn't like it enough.
Your second sentence asks for what you just sold, so again clearly it wasn't what you wanted, but you want something similar.

I think that you would love the X1D (1 or 11) but it won't be the cheapest option. Then again, how many more cameras are you likely to buy?
It is light and easy to hold and use. The images are great out of camera.
All I can say is that I paid for my demo X1D with new work in the first month after I bought it, and I was only using HC lenses. I think an X1D with XCD90 and 45 kit may well do you for life. Borrow one and try it. Good luck.
https://mirrorlesscomparison.com/preview/hasselblad-x1d-ii-vs-fuji-gfx-50s/
Website - http://AspirationImages.com
Studio and Commercial Photography

BernardLanguillier

• http://www.flickr.com/photos/bernardlanguillier/sets/
« Reply #2 on: July 28, 2019, 11:04:19 pm »

Why not consider the a7rIV?

Cheers,
Bernard

Dan Wells

« Reply #3 on: July 29, 2019, 01:13:22 pm »

Or the Z7 - both it and the A7rIV are right in the class with the rest of the cameras you are considering.

If you sometimes shoot handheld, note that all three full-frame cameras (Sony, Nikon, Panasonic) have excellent in-body image stabilizers. Fujifilm has a couple of stabilized GFX lenses (and the GFX 100 body, but that's a price and weight class above what you're considering), but is mostly non-stabilized. Hasselblad has no stabilization at all right now.

capital

• Website
« Reply #4 on: July 29, 2019, 10:31:29 pm »

Based on cost and IQ parameters, sounds like needs would be satisfied with APSC or Micro four thirds territory, as opposed to the titled options.

rollsman44

« Reply #5 on: July 30, 2019, 10:39:07 am »

I appreciate all the good feedback and recommendations. I am thinking Fuji X-T3. I like the size and IQ and Not heavy. Thank you again

Dan Wells

« Reply #6 on: July 30, 2019, 09:01:42 pm »

The X-T series are great little cameras to handle, and the image quality is excellent (they have a lot of great lenses) - you won't really see any improvement from the cameras with a huge number of pixels unless you print big.

rollsman44

« Reply #7 on: August 09, 2019, 11:22:26 pm »

Decided to wait for the Hassy X1Dll    Thanks
Pages: [1]   Go Up