Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Iphone Apps for manual control and raw  (Read 4390 times)

Slobodan Blagojevic

• When everyone thinks the same, nobody thinks
    • My website
Re: Iphone Apps for manual control and raw
« Reply #20 on: August 26, 2019, 04:31:52 pm »

thanks. i tried this but only lets me download png files...

Since this is the second time you are using this spelling, I assume you mean DNG files?

Chris L

« Reply #21 on: August 26, 2019, 04:44:24 pm »

Since this is the second time you are using this spelling, I assume you mean DNG files?

oh ya sorry, my computer is auto correcting. yes DNG files.

Manoli

« Reply #22 on: August 26, 2019, 06:13:18 pm »

thanks. i tried this but only lets me download DNG files that are in my camera roll. to do that I have to place them there one at a time on my phone.

Assuming you’re using Lr Mobile on an iPhone and not Android, that shouldn’t be the case.

In ‘All photos’ , the main Lr collection, top right hand corner, there’s an ellipse (...).
First menu item is ‘Select’. Select the photos you want to export.
Then choose ‘Share’ , at the bottom of your screen, and ‘Export to Camera Roll’.
Your selected photos, both jpeg and dng should be exported.

To go back to your original post, there are other excellent apps to test/choose from. Halide is one, Moment is another and saves photos , both jpg/heif and dng, directly to your camera roll.

There is one other, which has been my ‘goto’ for many years. ‘Manual Cam’. (LOFOPI.com) Inexpensive, single lens only but has one major plus:  ‘takes photo on long press’ setting. Indispensable for eliminating camera shake in low light. Possibly superseded by the ‘bigger’ apps on the latest models - I don't know, I’m still on the ‘7’.

Hope the above helps.
« Last Edit: August 26, 2019, 06:21:42 pm by Manoli »

fdisilvestro

• Frank Disilvestro
« Reply #23 on: August 26, 2019, 06:17:02 pm »

thanks for this as well but when i followed your instructions i got stuck. my phone only has "iTunes Store" and when I open it I don't see anything like what your screen grabs show. is it under my phone's Settings?

Sorry if I was not clear. It is the Itunes app in your desktop computer, not the phone. You need to connect the iphone to your desktop computer via cable

Chris L

« Reply #24 on: August 26, 2019, 06:58:51 pm »

Assuming you’re using Lr Mobile on an iPhone and not Android, that shouldn’t be the case.

In ‘All photos’ , the main Lr collection, top right hand corner, there’s an ellipse (...).
First menu item is ‘Select’. Select the photos you want to export.
Then choose ‘Share’ , at the bottom of your screen, and ‘Export to Camera Roll’.
Your selected photos, both jpeg and dng should be exported.

To go back to your original post, there are other excellent apps to test/choose from. Halide is one, Moment is another and saves photos , both jpg/heif and dng, directly to your camera roll.

There is one other, which has been my ‘goto’ for many years. ‘Manual Cam’. (LOFOPI.com) Inexpensive, single lens only but has one major plus:  ‘takes photo on long press’ setting. Indispensable for eliminating camera shake in low light. Possibly superseded by the ‘bigger’ apps on the latest models - I don't know, I’m still on the ‘7’.

Hope the above helps.

Thanks. I just tried this and it let me select the DNG files as you explained but it saves them as jpgs. No Dngs anywhere. It gives me 2 options when I export to camera roll as ‘small’ or ‘maximum available ‘. I have plenty of storage space on my phone. I can’t find a preference area to see if I need to over ride some forced jog setting.

Slobodan Blagojevic

• When everyone thinks the same, nobody thinks
    • My website
« Reply #25 on: August 26, 2019, 07:03:11 pm »

Chris, have you missed my suggestion in the reply #4?

Chris L

« Reply #26 on: August 26, 2019, 07:31:18 pm »

Chris, have you missed my suggestion in the reply #4?

I skipped it because I had already tried that. only can export one photo at a time that way.

Chris L

« Reply #27 on: August 26, 2019, 07:56:24 pm »

Sorry if I was not clear. It is the Itunes app in your desktop computer, not the phone. You need to connect the iphone to your desktop computer via cable
thanks. i opened the app on my mid 2010 mac pro High Sierra and the iTunes window looks nothing like yours. I couldn't find 'settings' or 'file sharing' anywhere[/img]

Manoli

« Reply #28 on: August 26, 2019, 08:01:31 pm »

Thanks. I just tried this and it let me select the DNG files as you explained but it saves them as jpgs. No Dngs anywhere. It gives me 2 options when I export to camera roll as ‘small’ or ‘maximum available ‘. I have plenty of storage space on my phone. I can’t find a preference area to see if I need to over ride some forced jog setting.

Chris, you’re exporting fine.
Go back to post #15.
On your Mac, open Image Capture and you’ll see the blank placeholders in Camera Roll for the dng files.
You’ll be able to import the selected dng’s in one go (BUT without the Lightroom post processing, ...)

Chris L

« Reply #29 on: August 26, 2019, 08:43:37 pm »

Chris, you’re exporting fine.
Go back to post #15.
On your Mac, open Image Capture and you’ll see the blank placeholders in Camera Roll for the dng files.
You’ll be able to import the selected dng’s in one go (BUT without the Lightroom post processing, ...)

Tried it again. just jpgs on the import to camera roll. there is a clue; when i am in LR on my phone and skip the SELECT option and just go to the share button at upper right, there is an 'export original' option at the bottom. When I follow your steps and select multiple photos there is no "export original" option listed. Just a "small" or "maximum size available".

fdisilvestro

• Frank Disilvestro
« Reply #30 on: August 26, 2019, 11:43:15 pm »

thanks. i opened the app on my mid 2010 mac pro High Sierra and the iTunes window looks nothing like yours. I couldn't find 'settings' or 'file sharing' anywhere[/img]

You need to click first on the button that has the iPhone icon as shown in the attached image. Otherwise you are looking at your personal computer library

Manoli

« Reply #31 on: August 27, 2019, 02:35:00 am »

... there is a clue; when i am in LR on my phone and skip the SELECT option and just go to the share button at upper right, there is an 'export original' option at the bottom.

If using the camera within LrMobile is a necessity, you're constrained to exporting your multiple dng photos back to  your Mac via the Adobe eco-system. Exporting multiple Lr dng's won't work* - my bad.  If this (dng to mac) is such an essential requirement perhaps the solution is to use one of the apps that saves dng directly to the camera roll.

*..barring Francisco's work around above.
« Last Edit: August 27, 2019, 03:04:02 am by Manoli »

kers

• Pieter Kers
« Reply #32 on: August 27, 2019, 06:11:40 am »

A bit off topic;

Just discovered my Apple placed my photos in the iCloud without my knowledge  nor agreement.
In contradiction of how automatically this is done, it becomes harder and harder just to put some photos from your iPhone only to your local computer.
This should be the most easy thing to do... also to be able to use the unprocessed RAW of your camera. Drag and Drop.

Pieter Kers
www.beeld.nu/la

Chris L

« Reply #33 on: August 27, 2019, 11:53:11 am »

You need to click first on the button that has the iPhone icon as shown in the attached image. Otherwise you are looking at your personal computer library

Thank you and sorry I didnt see that. I found it and everything was working great until I got an error 1426 message saying it couldn't be copied to my computer because of an unknown error. I googled the error code but got nothing. I ran disk utility and quit apps and tried again with the same results. Sometimes things are tough I guess. My next step is to abandon LR and try Hallide. Thanks a lot though I appreciate your tech support!
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up