Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Epson Legacy Textured Paper - Too Quiet for a New Legacy Paper  (Read 806 times)

bkdallas

I believe this paper has been available from Epson for several months.  Since the launch, I have only found three notations on the Internet regarding it: 1)  A single post on this forum regarding it. 2) Epson's current promo video with Monica Stevenson using it, and 3) PPmag.com with a short review of the paper.

For a new Legacy family paper, I would have expected more discussion by now.  Perhaps it is too soon for quality reviews to surface or perhaps the sales are still getting traction.

I probably will order a small quantity to test for myself.  Currently I am using Legacy Baryta, Platine, and Fibre, so a fourth would be welcome at the table.  I generally make my own decisions since tastes vary. It would just be nice to read some detailed comments for other printers.

Thanks,
Bert K

I.T. Supplies

Re: Epson Legacy Textured Paper - Too Quiet for a New Legacy Paper
« Reply #1 on: July 24, 2019, 10:33:42 am »

I get what you're saying and it's a surprise that Epson hasn't announced it more like the other products.  However, all of the sizes are shipping directly from Epson at the moment and ARE available as of early June.  We haven't even seen the product directly before we started selling, but it's probably very similar to their (now discontinued) Exhibition Watercolor Paper Textured.  Most likely rebranded under the Legacy line.

IT Supplies

bkdallas

« Reply #2 on: July 24, 2019, 02:40:36 pm »

IT Supplies

Thanks for taking the time to reply and enlighten us on how Epson is currently managing the inventory.

LL members were provided early insight into the other Legacy papers through the videos on LL that Dano, Jeff, and Kevin did. Mark D. Segal's review on LL of the Legacy papers was also early and valuable.  Also, Ron Martinsen's website had thorough reviews of the Legacy papers available at that time.  That's a lot of the traction that probably help launch Legacy papers.

It will be interesting to see if Epson just did a rebranding of an old discontinued paper.  I haven't yet looked up the details of the old watercolor paper to see how close they are in weight, thickness, and brightness.

BertK

BrianWJH

« Reply #3 on: July 25, 2019, 06:03:52 am »

It will be interesting to see if Epson just did a rebranding of an old discontinued paper. 
BertK

There's every possibility that the legacy paper is a Felix Schoeller manufactured paper, re-branded by Epson.

Brian.

bkdallas

« Reply #4 on: July 25, 2019, 02:14:21 pm »

Brian,

That door to forum discussion is usually open by now regarding whether the new Legacy paper is a re-branded Canson or some other brand.  Lack of such discussion, here and on other sites, is part of what lead me to open this thread.

Hopefully some reader has tried Legacy Textured and will offer comments or observations.

BertK
Pages: [1]   Go Up