Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Down

Author Topic: Rollei Hy6: final design update  (Read 75798 times)

thsinar

• http://www.sinarcameras.com
Rollei Hy6: final design update
« Reply #60 on: May 24, 2007, 12:17:27 am »

Dear Victor,

FYI: the Sinar Hy6 handle and grip is quite different than the one of the H series. The weight distribution and the hold-feeling are completely different. I would recommend you to test both cameras and hold them in your hand, side-by-side, to make a comparison.

Best regards,
Thierry

It is interesting; looks like a Contax with an H series handle. Promise of good glass. Don't know that I would find any reason to switch from Contax, but certainly not if it doesnt have a Phase back.

Any word on that. (and with my 65 year old eyes, I apologize I havent tried to read all the posts!)

regards
Victor
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=119304\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
Thierry Hagenauer
thasia_cn@yahoo.com

Khun_K

• http://
« Reply #61 on: May 24, 2007, 02:30:26 am »

Dear Victor,

FYI: the Sinar Hy6 handle and grip is quite different than the one of the H series. The weight distribution and the hold-feeling are completely different. I would recommend you to test both cameras and hold them in your hand, side-by-side, to make a comparison.

Best regards,
Thierry
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=119317\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
I have both Contax (with or without extra battery grip) with P45 and H3D39 and they are totally different. With Contax, the handle is a structure of the camera while on H3D39 it is a moveable part (the battery itself) so I will vote without doubt the Contax gives much more confidence when you hold and shoot the camera, and its ergonomic is simply superior. The H3D39 battery grip is designed with an angle only comfortable when you are actually shooting, not when you carry the camera - when you are not shooting. It gets worse when you consider usually H lenses are bulky and heavy.
On the other hand, I also have the old 6008 Professional with the rotational handle grip, and because it has very good locking mechanical and able to change its angle to get better gripping, is also a better grip than the modern H3D39. I hope the Hy6 grip is equal or an improvement over the 6008 Pro and if it is, I will without doubt think it is better grip than H system.

vgogolak

• http://
« Reply #62 on: May 24, 2007, 07:36:00 am »

I have both Contax (with or without extra battery grip) with P45 and H3D39 and they are totally different. With Contax, the handle is a structure of the camera while on H3D39 it is a moveable part (the battery itself) so I will vote without doubt the Contax gives much more confidence when you hold and shoot the camera, and its ergonomic is simply superior. The H3D39 battery grip is designed with an angle only comfortable when you are actually shooting, not when you carry the camera - when you are not shooting. It gets worse when you consider usually H lenses are bulky and heavy.
On the other hand, I also have the old 6008 Professional with the rotational handle grip, and because it has very good locking mechanical and able to change its angle to get better gripping, is also a better grip than the modern H3D39. I hope the Hy6 grip is equal or an improvement over the 6008 Pro and if it is, I will without doubt think it is better grip than H system.
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=119323\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Thank you for the feedback. I have enjoyed the Contax system for years, and I hsvr both finders (not the new $800 WLF, but the original $300 one  :-) )

I have found both comfortable, esp. as you say the Contax is very 'confident' in the hand

Abd one other feature; it is heavy but SMALL. It is actually a smaller feel on my hand than an old Kodak SLR/c that I assume feels like many larger digital Nikon/Canon SLRs.

I do see the enthusiasm of the the crowd for the new Rollei/H6y. However, as pointed out above can you use

Contax
V series glass
Pentax ANNNDDD!
LEICA

I have recently tested older Visoflex SM (L39) lenses with the Contax/P45 and the image circle is 6x7

I think the short registry difference of Contax (64mm) opens to a whole world of glass that Hassy and Rolly miss out on

But I must say, this system, IFF, and that is big IF, it has access for the Phase backs seems to be thinking right,

Is that still an open issue? the Phase backs???

regards
Victor

thsinar

• http://www.sinarcameras.com
« Reply #63 on: May 24, 2007, 09:30:04 am »

Dear Victor,

let's move on concerning this issue as well: it is still an open issue in that that it has to be answered not by Sinar/Jenoptik, but by the interested people/companies, in ther words by the manufacturer you mention below.

This has been discussed and answered so many times here.

Thanks and best regards,
Thierry

But I must say, this system, IFF, and that is big IF, it has access for the Phase backs seems to be thinking right,

regards
Victor
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=119346\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
Thierry Hagenauer
thasia_cn@yahoo.com

edwinb

• http://www.image2output.com
« Reply #64 on: November 26, 2008, 02:21:20 pm »

Quote from: vgogolak
Thank you for the feedback. I have enjoyed the Contax system for years, and I hsvr both finders (not the new $800 WLF, but the original $300 one  :-) )

I have found both comfortable, esp. as you say the Contax is very 'confident' in the hand

Abd one other feature; it is heavy but SMALL. It is actually a smaller feel on my hand than an old Kodak SLR/c that I assume feels like many larger digital Nikon/Canon SLRs.

I do see the enthusiasm of the the crowd for the new Rollei/H6y. However, as pointed out above can you use

Contax
V series glass
Pentax ANNNDDD!
LEICA

I have recently tested older Visoflex SM (L39) lenses with the Contax/P45 and the image circle is 6x7

I think the short registry difference of Contax (64mm) opens to a whole world of glass that Hassy and Rolly miss out on

regards
Victor
Edwin Blenkinsopp
Technical Manager
image2output
m:  +44 (0) 7836 674749
e: edwin@image2output.com
w: Sinar |  Foba |Inkjet

EricWHiss

• Rolleiflex USA
« Reply #65 on: November 26, 2008, 03:47:26 pm »

Wow this is an old thread!  I got fooled into thinking there was a new version of the Hy6!  

« Last Edit: November 26, 2008, 03:50:32 pm by EricWHiss »
Rolleiflex USA
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Up