Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Down

Author Topic: Rollei Hy6: final design update  (Read 75793 times)

pss

• http://www.schefz.com
Rollei Hy6: final design update
« Reply #20 on: November 16, 2006, 04:43:40 pm »

Why should I limit myself to these pics for information ? The Rollei documentation is much more interesting, and as I posted the link floating around fm I assumed you'd seen it.

They seem to have some new technology in the carbon-fiber shutter of the new lenses - see bottom of page 2 of the link I posted earlier.

http://s_gravesen.perso.libello.com/HY6%20engl..pdf

I have the impression there are some novelties there. Am I right that flash sync speeds are going up compared with the 600x lenses ?

Edmund
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=85678\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
no, you don't have to limit yourself to these pics at all, but if make remarks based on information that is not mentioned, people will wonder....but thanks for answering my question (where you come up with this stuff) i have seen that pdf...
the pic you are referring to has been in every rollei pdf since the 6001 came out, mostly because that shutter is built into all schneider lenses....the lenses are the 180 and the 50, the 180 has been out for 10? years.....
i think it has been mentioned in these forums 100s of times that the PQS lenses synch up to 1/1000 sec....and have for a while....
and in case you missed that info as well (it is only mentioned in every single post and release about this camera), you don't have to compare these lenses to the 600x lenses.....THESE ARE THE 600X LENSES.....

oMoses

• http://www.OlegMoiseyenko.com
« Reply #21 on: November 16, 2006, 04:49:01 pm »

Edmund,

The internal shutter of Schneider lenses buying you flash sync with incredible speed - up to 1/1000 sec. In general Rollei will optimize the current line of  AF lenses for digital and there will be a "D" behind the lens name. It is planned to deliver these lenses with a black bayonet mount  instead chrome (availability: IV quarter of year 2007). Optimization means a higher resolution.
Kind regards
Oleg Moiseyenko, ASMP [url=

eronald

• My gallery on Instagram
« Reply #22 on: November 16, 2006, 05:06:21 pm »

Edmund,

The internal shutter of Schneider lenses buying you flash sync with incredible speed - up to 1/1000 sec. In general Rollei will optimize the current line of  AF lenses for digital and there will be a "D" behind the lens name. It is planned to deliver these lenses with a black bayonet mount  instead chrome (availability: IV quarter of year 2007). Optimization means a higher resolution.
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=85685\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Thanks for clearing that up for me. I guess no one can complain about a 1/1000 flash synchro being too low, or about the lenses being vaporware  

BTW, I have seen and handled the protos, and my feeling is that a lot of people are going to like this camera very much. In fact, it wouldn't surprise me to see a stampede of guys going for it.

Edmund
« Last Edit: November 16, 2006, 05:07:44 pm by eronald »
If you appreciate my blog posts help me by following on https://instagram.com/edmundronald

oMoses

• http://www.OlegMoiseyenko.com
« Reply #23 on: November 16, 2006, 05:13:12 pm »

it wouldn't surprise me to see a stampede of guys going for it.

I hope so!      
I am still not quite understand US situation around Hasselblad while Rollei is obviously better. My only guess is better Hasselblad marketing...
Kind regards
Oleg Moiseyenko, ASMP [url=

david o

• http://www.davidolivier.net
« Reply #24 on: November 16, 2006, 06:11:11 pm »

considering the poor concurence in MF digital camera, I would go with that one instead of the close H# system...
And I don't really care about the design of the camera itself, just need quality, and the ergonomy seems good enough to me.

damien

• http://www.lovegroveportraits.com
« Reply #25 on: November 16, 2006, 06:15:57 pm »

The Rollie has great lenses if not a bit heavy. I also like my HC glass and I expect that at the end of the day it will be the ergonomics that win users. It's good to see such investment and passion go into this project.

Damien.

william

« Reply #26 on: November 16, 2006, 06:51:29 pm »

Man, that coffee cup image really has me regretting selling my 6008AF last year.  Maybe I should pick one up and some Velvia...

Here is a sample of Rollei bokeh: http://www.pbase.com/sikario/image/70183437/original.jpg

See this thread: http://oomz.net/mf/viewtopic.php?id=3386
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=85661\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

marc gerritsen

• http://www.marcgerritsen.com
« Reply #27 on: November 16, 2006, 07:57:05 pm »

I am happy to see that another dmf camera option will be on the market soon. That will only drive all players to be more competive. If that camera was available 5 months ago I might have opted for it, instead went for a H2D with which I have shot close to 10.000 frames and will put that amount on it again probably before the Hy6 will come out.
One thing though.
I would advice you to urge your back/lens/camera manufacturer to come up with good software, since using the new hasselblad lens correction software I have safed so much time and can deliver 100% perfect files. Although I am sure the Rollei lenses are fantastic I have yet to see a lens that has absolutely no barrel distortion.
Hope you have that camera in your hand sooner than later!
Marc

BJL

« Reply #28 on: November 17, 2006, 02:38:31 pm »

the lenses (especially the schneiders) are better then anything else out there...and they are coming out with a whole new line...there is no system with that many available lenses out there...not even close...
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=85654\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
Can you point me to a list of the coming lenses? One thing that stands out to me is Rollei's very slow progress so far on auto-focus lenses (three or four so far?), but maybe now there has been an infusion of capital and Rollei/Schneider will catch up with Fuji/Hasselblad, Mamiya and Pentax for AF MF lenses.

pss

« Reply #29 on: November 17, 2006, 02:46:15 pm »

the new lenses are jenoptic, i think schneider is coming out with new ones as well......there is plenty in this forum on these new lenses...the jenoptic line was announced just about the same time as the Hy6....the schneiders are coming out slowly, so far there are 50, 80, 180 and 2? zooms....there was a 100macro in the works, but the jenoptic announcement might have shelved that...
as far as i know the jenoptic lenses are 35, 60, 150 (for some reason i think there are 2 150s?) and one more

samuel_js

« Reply #30 on: February 05, 2007, 04:58:29 pm »

Hi,
will the design update also affect the Hy6 branded Sinar? Also, are they going to be indentical?
I ask this because as we all now, the hy6 labeled Rollei won't be sold in Europe or USA. I will be sold as Sinar, and I personally find the Sinar awful compared to this last Rollei.

SINAR HY6

ROLLEI HY6

Thank's
Samuel

rethmeier

• http://www.willemrethmeier.com
« Reply #31 on: February 05, 2007, 06:35:28 pm »

The Hy6(Sinar) image is still the prototype and the Rollei Hy6 is a more recent version.
In a few more months we will know more about the final result.
Cheers,
Willem.
Willem Rethmeier
www.willemrethmeier.com

thsinar

• http://www.sinarcameras.com
« Reply #32 on: May 12, 2007, 09:42:42 am »

The answer is on Sinar's Homepage: www.sinarcameras.com

No red knobs or commands anymore: this was the first prototype.

Thierry

Hi,
will the design update also affect the Hy6 branded Sinar? Also, are they going to be indentical?
I ask this because as we all now, the hy6 labeled Rollei won't be sold in Europe or USA. I will be sold as Sinar, and I personally find the Sinar awful compared to this last Rollei.

SINAR HY6

ROLLEI HY6

Thank's
Samuel
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=99348\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
Thierry Hagenauer
thasia_cn@yahoo.com

James Russell

« Reply #33 on: May 12, 2007, 12:01:57 pm »

Thanks for clearing that up for me. I guess no one can complain about a 1/1000 flash synchro being too low, or about the lenses being vaporware 

BTW, I have seen and handled the protos, and my feeling is that a lot of people are going to like this camera very much. In fact, it wouldn't surprise me to see a stampede of guys going for it.

Edmund
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=85690\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Edmund,

I think you really need to define what you mean by the phrase stampede.

If I could buy this camera as a Rolleiflex and IF it would accept my Aptus and Phase backs without upgrade, without modification then maybe.

But that is not the case.  Right now Sinar/Leaf are the only options and when you cost out the price of upgrading or switching brands, plus what it costs to buy a mixture of the new D lenses and the older 6000 series lenses you looking at a lot of cash for a camera that doesn't reallly have a clear agenda.

Is the HY6 a truly universal camera platform or is it just a marketing tool for Leaf and Sinar to sell more backs?  

Does it have full functionality today with the 645 and smaller sensors or will it only really be funcitonal once a square sensor is announced?

The fact the back only rotates by removing it tells me that it's not really there until we see new sensors.

Personally I don't understand why digital has to be so limiting and proprietary.

Why not just buy a camera and then chose your back or multiple backs to fit it?  That worked well with film and was the reason I use the Contax and was originally a big selling point of the Hasselblad.

Now it seems instead of more options, even with the introduction of a new camera, we are given less options.

As far as a "stampede" from Contax and Hasselblad users, I see that more as a trickle at best and even if everyone switched today, that's only a small portion of the market.

What Rollei or whoever makes this camera needs is a true stampede from Canon users and at the current price points and the somewhat vague information on what backs work with this camera, I don't see that happening.

They also need wide acceptance from Phase users, because without that this camera becomes a small niche part of a small niche market, just like the 6008 was.

JR
« Last Edit: May 12, 2007, 12:49:13 pm by James Russell »

ixpressraf

« Reply #34 on: May 12, 2007, 12:45:49 pm »

I dont see why people are still nagging about the closed hasselblad system: there is only one lens that needs the H3 for the moment, the 28mm and for good reasons. For all the rest you can use the H1 or H2 body with all backs you like. But however, the Phase backs are great ( not better then hassies but only a bit different) the apo correction really works extremely well and makes for me hassieback's the better choice.
The Hy6 will be a perfect tool but it will have to be an extreme well designed and perfect functioning camera to come close to the hassie system.

pss

« Reply #35 on: May 12, 2007, 01:56:50 pm »

The answer is on Sinar's Homepage: www.sinarcameras.com

No red knobs or commands anymore: this was the first prototype.

Thierry
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=0\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

thierry...go to www.sinarbron.com and check out the Hy6 there....someone did not get the memo.....

typical sinar marketing.....unfortunately.....i WANT that camera, but the first thing i thought was too bad they did not change that ugly colorscheme.....

samuel_js

« Reply #36 on: May 12, 2007, 03:51:41 pm »

Could someone post some real pictures of the camera please?  

Thank's

Ben Rubinstein

« Reply #37 on: May 12, 2007, 06:47:33 pm »

I dont see why people are still nagging about the closed hasselblad system: there is only one lens that needs the H3 for the moment, the 28mm and for good reasons. For all the rest you can use the H1 or H2 body with all backs you like. But however, the Phase backs are great ( not better then hassies but only a bit different) the apo correction really works extremely well and makes for me hassieback's the better choice.
The Hy6 will be a perfect tool but it will have to be an extreme well designed and perfect functioning camera to come close to the hassie system.
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=117136\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

And when your H2 dies mid shoot? Do they still make them? So it's a possibility for use as an open system just as much as Contax, i.e. until you can't replace it anymore. Not an exciting prospect for a pro photographer who needs backup and rentals...

pss

« Reply #38 on: May 12, 2007, 07:31:26 pm »

Could someone post some real pictures of the camera please?  

Thank's
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=0\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

this is just comical....sinar is showing different cameras on different websites....

Graham Mitchell

« Reply #39 on: May 12, 2007, 07:57:36 pm »

you looking at a lot of cash for a camera that doesn't reallly have a clear agenda.

what do you mean by no clear agenda?

Is the HY6 a truly universal camera platform or is it just a marketing tool for Leaf and Sinar to sell more backs?

I think Thierry has made it clear (more than once) that Phase is free to go ahead and make a Hy6 version of the Phase One backs. No-one is stopping them. Same goes for Hasselblad. In that respect the Hy6 is totally open - no-one is locked out. Do you think Hasselblad supplied Sinar with ready-to-go adapters to fit the eMotion backs onto the H series cameras?

Does it have full functionality today with the 645 and smaller sensors or will it only really be funcitonal once a square sensor is announced?

What functionality could possibly depend on the sensor size?

The fact the back only rotates by removing it tells me that it's not really there until we see new sensors.

You could always turn the whole camera, as with the Hass H, Contax or Mamiya. Or you have the choice of rotating the back - a choice the others don't give you. Why complain about having more choice?
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Up