Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: GFX questions  (Read 3455 times)

BernardLanguillier

• http://www.flickr.com/photos/bernardlanguillier/sets/
GFX questions
« on: June 30, 2019, 06:43:33 pm »

Question for people knowledgeable about the GFX system, and the GFX100 in particular.

I am in the process of reading the manual, where I am sure these information can be found, but I would appreciate if those in the know could speed me up on the bit on the following aspects:
- is there a way to jump straight to 100% zoom when shooting?
- is there a way to jump straight to 100% zoom when reviewing image?
- is there a way to display a compas in the viewfinder information about how level the camera is?

Thank you.

Cheers,
Bernard
« Last Edit: June 30, 2019, 07:47:19 pm by BernardLanguillier »

Paul2660

• Photos of Arkansas
Re: GFX questions
« Reply #1 on: June 30, 2019, 07:22:04 pm »

On the GFX 50s, you can double tap the LCD, like on a P1 back, this brings you to 100% view (on the 50s I always felt it was an overzoom past 100%),

You can expand/shrink the LCD like on the iPhone (assume the 100s allows this)

If on the EVF you could push one of the dials, I believe the rear one to zoom to 100%, I don't use the EVF at 100% very often due to same issue overzooming.

Paul C

Paul Caldwell
Little Rock, Arkansas U.S.
www.photosofarkansas.com

BernardLanguillier

« Reply #2 on: June 30, 2019, 08:27:54 pm »

Thanks Paul.

Cheers,
Bernard

Christopher

• http://www.hauser-photoart.com
« Reply #3 on: July 01, 2019, 02:43:52 am »

Pushing the rear dial should zoom in. How far depends on the last setting. (You can change the zoom rate by turning the wheel after you pushed it)

Same should go with image review. (As Paul said double tapping works as well when enabled.)

If you mean a digital spirit level, than yes you can. You can map it to any button or lcd swipe gesture. It should show up on the LCD or EVF when enabled.
Christopher Hauser
[email=chris@hauser-p

Christopher

« Reply #4 on: July 01, 2019, 04:19:31 am »

One more thing. You can zoom in to 100% in LV, but only to 50% on image review. You can go to 100% as well but for that you would need to shoot raw+JPG
Christopher Hauser
[email=chris@hauser-p

BernardLanguillier

« Reply #5 on: July 01, 2019, 04:23:05 am »

Thanks Christopher!

Cheers,
Bernard

vjbelle

« Reply #6 on: July 01, 2019, 07:47:32 am »

I receive my camera today but from what I have read so far it looks like Fuji is using the same zoom features as found on my 50s.  I shoot raw plus large jpeg so that I could have a really clear image for checking in the field.  The initial zoom for the jpeg file is way beyond 100% and I found that 8 clicks of the wheel for minus zooming brought the image to a perfect 100% and extremely clear ln both the LCD and the EVF.  I would expect this EVF to be even better when using the power option for higher resolution. 

Victor

Paul2660

• Photos of Arkansas
« Reply #7 on: July 01, 2019, 08:04:54 am »

I knew there was a reason I left the GFX on raw plus jpg. It’s for the image review issue. Never figured out why Fuji could not either understand what was going on or understand why a precise 100 percent review was needed.

Victor’s technique is the same process I use for review. 2x tap to get the view at like 150 percent then I used the pinch the screen like an iPhone to shrink the view back down.   I really had hoped the GFX100 has a different design for this. I mainly used AF when using the EVF since on the GFX it worked quite well except very low light situations. Manual focus with peaking was another problem as Fuji’s peaking is unlike a Sony camera or Nikon’s.  Hard for me to dial in tack focus. But the AF when it got a hit was 100% reliable.

Hope to hear more feedback from folks with the 100 on these issues.

Paul C
Paul Caldwell
www.photosofarkansas.com

BernardLanguillier

« Reply #8 on: July 01, 2019, 08:19:44 am »

Thanks a lot.

I was hoping a one click jump to 100%, but I guess that’s not possible.

Cheers,
Bernard

cgarnerhome

• cgarnerphoto
« Reply #9 on: July 01, 2019, 11:07:49 am »

Does anyone know of a good L-bracket for the GFX-100?

vjbelle

« Reply #10 on: July 01, 2019, 11:29:33 am »

My first slight concern is that the camera has a rattling sound on slight impact.  I'm assuming this is the IBIS system but has anyone else noticed this?

Victor

SrMi

« Reply #11 on: July 01, 2019, 11:35:56 am »

Does anyone know of a good L-bracket for the GFX-100?

RRS is accepting preorders. "Making of" video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VyiRC4Z0mI0

vjbelle

« Reply #12 on: July 01, 2019, 12:13:57 pm »

I called Fuji and the slight rattling that I hear is from the IBIS and is normal.  Considering all the bouncing around that FedEX gave it I was a little concerned but the camera is operating properly.  IBIS is a dream for a camera this large....... works extremely well - way beyond my expectations.  All zoom views (taking and playback) are better than the 50s.

Victor

Paul2660

• Photos of Arkansas
« Reply #13 on: July 01, 2019, 12:29:51 pm »

That’s good news indeed.

Paul C
Paul Caldwell
www.photosofarkansas.com

Christopher

« Reply #14 on: July 01, 2019, 12:39:21 pm »

Live view is certainly so much better. I really like the camera. I am really looking forward to test all lenses again and get ready for some serious work. One thing or rally don’t get us who designed that vertical grip..... it’s not as bad as I feared, however, compared to a 1D it feels like crap. It works for shooting, but I wouldn’t want to carry the camera like that.
Christopher Hauser
[email=chris@hauser-p

Paul2660

• Photos of Arkansas
« Reply #15 on: July 01, 2019, 12:57:57 pm »

RRS claims their new L bracket will help give the vertical add a bit to the mass of the grip and give you a bit more to hold.

Paul C
Paul Caldwell
www.photosofarkansas.com

SrMi

« Reply #16 on: July 01, 2019, 01:23:59 pm »

I called Fuji and the slight rattling that I hear is from the IBIS and is normal.  Considering all the bouncing around that FedEX gave it I was a little concerned but the camera is operating properly.  IBIS is a dream for a camera this large....... works extremely well - way beyond my expectations.  All zoom views (taking and playback) are better than the 50s.

Victor

I believe that my Fuji X-H1 rattles as well (the only other Fuji camera with IBIS). Fuji does not seem to lock the IBIS as Nikon does when the camera is off.

cgarnerhome

• cgarnerphoto
« Reply #17 on: July 01, 2019, 02:20:33 pm »

vjbelle

« Reply #18 on: July 01, 2019, 03:59:29 pm »

So far with all lenses that I own that can be shot with the Fuji 100 nothing comes into critical focus.  I have done all of my testing with the camera on a tripod with both IBIS on and off.  I've shot with technical lenses and the Fuji lenses but it's just crap.  100% view shows all images to be soft..... so soft that nothing could ever sharpen them to my expectations.  Same images shot with my 3100 and same tech lenses used on both cameras is night and day.  Mine is going back.......

Victor

SrMi

« Reply #19 on: July 01, 2019, 04:13:38 pm »

So far with all lenses that I own that can be shot with the Fuji 100 nothing comes into critical focus.  I have done all of my testing with the camera on a tripod with both IBIS on and off.  I've shot with technical lenses and the Fuji lenses but it's just crap.  100% view shows all images to be soft..... so soft that nothing could ever sharpen them to my expectations.  Same images shot with my 3100 and same tech lenses used on both cameras is night and day.  Mine is going back.......

Victor

What raw converter are you using ? Adobe has not yet finalized their support for GFX100.
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up