Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down

Author Topic: Phase One IQ4 - Feature Update 1 - Creative Control  (Read 3119 times)

Doug Peterson

• http://www.doug-peterson.com
Re: Phase One IQ4 - Feature Update 1 - Creative Control
« Reply #40 on: July 10, 2019, 10:47:09 am »

Anyone have any results to share, positive or negative, of their own testing of the new firmware?

rogerxnz

• Hayman Lawyers
Re: Phase One IQ4 - Feature Update 1 - Creative Control
« Reply #41 on: July 10, 2019, 05:15:48 pm »

Anyone have any results to share, positive or negative, of their own testing of the new firmware?

Not from me. I was hoping that it might allow in-camera multiple exposures (just two or three shots) but I now realise this is not the point or a capability of the feature.

I now appreciate the feature has two benefits: you can take slow exposures to blur moving objects, such as, water and clouds, without using a neutral density filter or incurring colour casts and you can neutralise any “random captured noise” (quote from P1’s release note), presumably, relevant where you have shadows in your image that you cannot expose for as much as you would like.

These benefits are only available if the objects of your image that you want to be sharp and your camera remain absolutely rigid during the entire image-taking process (unless you want ghosting or ICM).
Roger
Roger Hayman
Wellington, New Zealand
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up