Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Oh Be Joyful (Landscape + sport)  (Read 454 times)

MattBurt

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Online Online
  • Posts: 4132
  • Looking for that other shot
    • Matt Burt Photography
Oh Be Joyful (Landscape + sport)
« on: June 23, 2019, 02:04:12 pm »

I hope this isn't too out of place here in the Landscape forum. This is sometimes a landscape photo location but yesterday it was also sports. The Oh Be Joyful Kayak race sent 29 competitors down this section of the Slate River twice, racing for the fastest time.
Pretty fun to watch but I certainly would never participate! Big water this year and then it snowed again in the afternoon.

Logged
-MattB

Eric Myrvaagnes

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 22813
  • http://myrvaagnes.com
    • http://myrvaagnes.com
Re: Oh Be Joyful (Landscape + sport)
« Reply #1 on: June 23, 2019, 03:27:56 pm »

I think it should be called the "Oh Be Crazy" Race.
But it's a nice photo.

(Or you could make it more peaceful by cloning out the Kayaker  ;D  ;D  ;D )
Logged
-Eric Myrvaagnes (visit my website: http://myrvaagnes.com)

Jeremy Roussak

  • Administrator
  • Sr. Member
  • *****
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 9264
    • site
Re: Oh Be Joyful (Landscape + sport)
« Reply #2 on: June 23, 2019, 03:42:37 pm »

(Or you could make it more peaceful by cloning out the Kayaker  ;D  ;D  ;D )

A long exposure, to "silkify" the water would do the trick.

Oh, wait...

Jeremy
Logged

Eric Myrvaagnes

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 22813
  • http://myrvaagnes.com
    • http://myrvaagnes.com
Re: Oh Be Joyful (Landscape + sport)
« Reply #3 on: June 23, 2019, 05:19:58 pm »

I'd be curious to see the "silkified" kayaker.   ;)
Logged
-Eric Myrvaagnes (visit my website: http://myrvaagnes.com)

MattBurt

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Online Online
  • Posts: 4132
  • Looking for that other shot
    • Matt Burt Photography
Re: Oh Be Joyful (Landscape + sport)
« Reply #4 on: June 23, 2019, 08:35:23 pm »

Thanks and yeah this is pretty extreme! They all walked away but some took a beating first.
I've got an idea for a silky water + kayak photo in lowish light with a strobe. Might be cool. Maybe I'll get around to setting it up this summer.
Logged
-MattB

rabanito

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 1587
Re: Oh Be Joyful (Landscape + sport)
« Reply #5 on: June 24, 2019, 03:13:11 am »

Thanks and yeah this is pretty extreme! They all walked away but some took a beating first.
I've got an idea for a silky water + kayak photo in lowish light with a strobe. Might be cool. Maybe I'll get around to setting it up this summer.
Maybe you'd like to take a look at Lula's
"Above and Beyond: The Adventure Photography Of Paul Zizka"
Logged
Pages: [1]   Go Up