Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: What built-in Canon color profile do you recommend for these Canon papers?  (Read 638 times)

george_z

With my Canon iPF6460 I need to print on the following Canon-branded papers:
- Canon Matte Coated Paper 170gsm (Recommended Driver Setting: Matte Coated Paper 170gsm), and
- Premium Fine Art Bright White, 305gsm (Recommended Driver Setting: Extra Heavyweight Art Paper)

Apparently the Media Configuraiton Tool does not install an ICC profile for these papers when I use it to show/hide and update the Media Types in the control panel and print driver. So if I use Photoshop for color management, which Canon ICC profile would you recommend for each of these papers? Or am I missing something?

Thank you for your help in advance!

P.S. iPF6460 is the Asian version of iPF6450.

I.T. Supplies

I recommend contacting Canon directly on this as the MCT should update the media type for Canon media.  The profiles are put into your computer from the drivers though, so if you're missing a profile, Canon should be able to provide them to you; based on the model you have though.

800-423-2366 (US service)

george_z

I assumed that MCT would produce an ICC profile for each media type, but according to the Paper Reference Guide (which installs with MCT and it opens via the fourth button on MCT) not all media types have an ICC profile. I am attaching a screenshot with the chart that shows which papers come with ICC profiles. There is also a list of profiles, and they don't includes ones for the two papers I am interested in. I am wondering if someone could confirm if they have such profiles (let's say for the iPF6550, instead of my Asian iPF6460) and if yes, perhaps they would share it with me to manually install on my PC. If such profiles don't exist, then my question is what would be the proper ICC profile to use when I print with "Photoshop Manages Colors" (when I must have an icc profile on my pc).

I.T. Supplies

They may not have profiles for that exact product, but you may be able to find if Canon has it available or get it from them; use the MCT to import into your system so the software can utilize it.  Or, just use a comparable profile to the paper.  Last option would be a custom profile to match the inkset to your paper for best results.  We offer this at a really affordable price to.

IT Supplies

george_z

Thanks for your suggestions. I guess I'll create my own profile for that paper if I will be using it in the future.
Pages: [1]   Go Up