Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Hasselblad X1D Issues Resolved  (Read 1455 times)

rollsman44

Hasselblad X1D Issues Resolved
« on: June 22, 2019, 04:13:15 pm »

So may reviews but mainly on the subject of Landscape photography.  I would like to hear about Portraits and Family Group portraits
  Thanks

Has the issues been resolved ?   The touch Screen AF focal pt and Blackout and others. Thanks  Just want to see if the Firmware corrected theses issues and Lag time between shots
« Last Edit: August 06, 2019, 07:54:43 am by rollsman44 »

BobShaw

• Aspiration Images
Re: Fuji GFX 50S or Hasselblad X1D
« Reply #1 on: June 23, 2019, 09:31:20 pm »

I googled "Hasselblad X1D portrait" and came back with lots. No doubt the same with Fuji
Here is one
https://shotkit.com/hasselblad-x1d-50c-review/

At the end of the day get them in your hands and try them.
Website - http://AspirationImages.com
Studio and Commercial Photography

rollsman44

Re: Hasselblad X1D
« Reply #2 on: August 05, 2019, 09:41:33 pm »

Have the Issues with the X1D been resolved?  EX:  Touch screen to move the focus points around. 1-  I know you had to keep touching the Screen more than once to move the focal point around
   2- AF hunting
   3- too long while the buffer was waiting for several seconds to shoot another image
   4- And the other issues it had.

I had the GFX 50S and that was a nice camera with none of these issues. Also, the LCD screen was not as sharp( resolution) on the X1D
   Just dont want to buy it if these issues were not resolved or improved.  Thanks

SrMi

Re: Hasselblad X1D
« Reply #3 on: August 05, 2019, 10:30:14 pm »

Have the Issues with the X1D been resolved?  EX:  Touch screen to move the focus points around. 1-  I know you had to keep touching the Screen more than once to move the focal point around
   2- AF hunting
   3- too long while the buffer was waiting for several seconds to shoot another image
   4- And the other issues it had.

I had the GFX 50S and that was a nice camera with none of these issues. Also, the LCD screen was not as sharp( resolution) on the X1D
   Just dont want to buy it if these issues were not resolved or improved.  Thanks

OP has not specified if he is asking about mark 1 or mark 2. We do not know yet how much X1DII has improved, some demos are in hand of a few and they seem very happy.

The LCD can act as a touchpad. Similar to a touchpad, you may need to lift your finger to move the focus point. Quite convenient when using it on a computer and quite convenient when using it on X1D as well, IMO.

Do not consider AF hunting on X1D an issue (all cameras have it, to a small or large degree).

There is a considerable blackout between shots in X1D. Supposedly shortened quite a bit with X1DII. Some may be bothered by the blackout, some are not. X1D starts up slowly (also supposedly improved on X1DII) but wakes quickly from sleep.

I own and use both GFX50S and X1D, but I do not shoot portraits or family groups with them. Both are very good cameras with excellent lenses. They differ in features, ergonomics, and style.

rollsman44

Re: Fuji GFX 50S or Hasselblad X1D
« Reply #4 on: August 05, 2019, 10:50:55 pm »

I was pertaining to X1D1. When did the blackouts occur? I am not concerned about startup times. Its the AF touch pad that had to be selected more than once to get the focal pt to move.The GFX 50S has an Excellent AF Touch screen and fast. The lenses are cheaper on the GFX and they are Excellent. Thank you
Pages: [1]   Go Up