Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Process ?  (Read 1037 times)

douglevy

• New England Wedding Photographer Doug Levy
Process ?
« on: June 21, 2019, 08:12:54 pm »

Is there a way to set it up so when you try and process a photo in the same format (say jpeg) that already exists in your output folder that C1 will ask if you want to overwrite, vs creating the same filename "_1" like it does?

katcost

Re: Process ?
« Reply #1 on: June 22, 2019, 07:04:16 am »

Not in my experience

Bart_van_der_Wolf

« Reply #2 on: June 22, 2019, 07:39:09 am »

Is there a way to set it up so when you try and process a photo in the same format (say jpeg) that already exists in your output folder that C1 will ask if you want to overwrite, vs creating the same filename "_1" like it does?

Not to my knowledge. C1 seems to take the safe route and not offer something that may destroy images unintentionally (or intentionally).
Maybe you can alter the export recipe to save results in a separate empty subdirectory, and when you are done, move/copy the contents of that subdirectory over the existing files? Or use a synchronization tool to bit-compare files and remove duplicates?

Cheers,
Bart
« Last Edit: June 22, 2019, 07:43:58 am by Bart_van_der_Wolf »
== If you do what you did, you'll get what you got. ==

UnfamiliarLight

• Unfamiliar Light
« Reply #3 on: June 23, 2019, 04:55:06 pm »

Sadly no. There has been heated discussion on the Phase One board so there is some division. If you feel like you want different behavior - I do - open a support case to suggest it. Many of us who would prefer different behavior have.

douglevy

• New England Wedding Photographer Doug Levy
« Reply #4 on: June 24, 2019, 08:15:58 am »

Thanks all!
Pages: [1]   Go Up