Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Cambo News - Actus G Adapter for Fuji GFX 100  (Read 1076 times)

Steve Hendrix

• http://www.captureintegration.com/
Cambo News - Actus G Adapter for Fuji GFX 100
« on: June 20, 2019, 10:43:29 am »

Just released, the new adapter for the Fuji GFX 100 that allows both horizontal and vertical orientation on the Actus G. Keep in mind that if you already have an Actus G for Fuji GFX and are using your GFX 50S or 50R with it, the GFX 100 can aready mount to this with no changes on your part, but only be available in vertical orientation.

The new adapter adds some additional depth and a front riser so that both vertical and horizontal orientations are in play. This does come at the cost of a bit of flange distance, and we'll be testing to see where that comes into play in terms of lenses being ruled out. But for now, any lenses in the 60mm - 70mm range may be in that zone (Cambo has already established that the Cambo Actar 60 will not achieve infinity focus with the new adapter).

https://captureintegration.com/breaking-news-cambo-actus-g-for-fuji-gfx-100/

So the takeaway - if you have an Actus G and are using it with Fuji GFX 50S or 50R already, you'll be able to begin using the GFX 100 right away (in vertical orientation). You can also add the dedicated GFX 100 adapter and enable horizontal (though at the cost of that bit of flange distance). But you have the freedom then of going back and forth, depending on which lens or orientation is dictated by your frame.

We're looking forward to getting our Fuji GFX 100 demo unit the week after June 27th and will have some hands on reports with this combination and various lenses.

Cost is $395 for the adapter, and we are accepting orders now.

Steve Hendrix/CI
Steve Hendrix • 404-543-8475 www.captureintegration.com (e-mail Me)
Phase One | Leaf | Leica | Alpa | Cambo | Sinar | Arca Swiss

vjbelle

Re: Cambo News - Actus G Adapter for Fuji GFX 100
« Reply #1 on: June 21, 2019, 07:53:53 am »

I've posted about this previously on GetDPI as I knew that the 100 would have issues on an Actus GFX.  Looking at every image I could I calculated that using the bottom lens mount position and raising the rear standard 10mm would be a solution.  The lens plate mounting positions are spaced 10mm apart.  With my method (if it works) full rise movements in the landscape position would be available.  It would be helpful if you could test my theory. 

Victor

Steve Hendrix

• http://www.captureintegration.com/
« Reply #2 on: June 21, 2019, 09:41:11 am »

I've posted about this previously on GetDPI as I knew that the 100 would have issues on an Actus GFX.  Looking at every image I could I calculated that using the bottom lens mount position and raising the rear standard 10mm would be a solution.  The lens plate mounting positions are spaced 10mm apart.  With my method (if it works) full rise movements in the landscape position would be available.  It would be helpful if you could test my theory. 

Victor

Victor, soon as we get ours we'll put it through the ringer! And including your above stipulations.

Steve Hendrix/CI
Steve Hendrix • 404-543-8475 www.captureintegration.com (e-mail Me)
Phase One | Leaf | Leica | Alpa | Cambo | Sinar | Arca Swiss

vjbelle

« Reply #3 on: June 21, 2019, 11:16:28 am »

Much appreciated Steve.......

Victor

Chris Barrett

• www.christopherbarrett.net
« Reply #4 on: June 22, 2019, 01:02:14 pm »

Looks like quite a thick spacer between the bayonet and bellows (to accommodate grip?).  Any chance of using TS-e glass?

-CB

vjbelle

« Reply #5 on: June 22, 2019, 05:24:11 pm »

No.... I think for strength.  The last thing I want is to limit infinity focus for shorter lenses which is exactly what that extra space does.  The entire concept is not conducive to what I want to achieve.  I think that Cambo should have thought this through a little more.....

To me very disappointing as the '100' will not be able to reach infinity with my 72mm Digitar.  If there is any kind of 'L Bracket' attached to the camera it would be unlikely that 'any' rise would be achievable and even without an 'L Bracket' there would likely be only 7mm of rise available after making corrections to the lens mount and raising the rear standard.   The Actus GFX is just not a candidate for the '100'.  An entirely different or dedicated rear standard would be a better scenario. 

Victor

« Last Edit: June 23, 2019, 07:36:33 am by vjbelle »
Pages: [1]   Go Up