Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Capture One Pro with film packs  (Read 546 times)

felix5616

Capture One Pro with film packs
« on: June 18, 2019, 12:03:19 pm »

I am looking to get Capture One Pro for image processing and management of phase one IQ files from a technical camera. I notice that Capture One sell the software with different/additional film packs. Do these film pack simply speed up B+W conversion that I could otherwise do with photoshop or lightroom and any other software packs or is there something special about Capture One film packs?

Bart_van_der_Wolf

Re: Capture One Pro with film packs
« Reply #1 on: June 18, 2019, 01:09:37 pm »

I am looking to get Capture One Pro for image processing and management of phase one IQ files from a technical camera. I notice that Capture One sell the software with different/additional film packs. Do these film pack simply speed up B+W conversion that I could otherwise do with photoshop or lightroom and any other software packs or is there something special about Capture One film packs?

Hi,

IMHO, they are more-or-less speedups towards achieving a certain look, but nothing you couldn't make yourself and save as a Style. A benefit can be that all settings are saved together with the rest of the Raw conversion settings.

Cheers,
Bart
== If you do what you did, you'll get what you got. ==

felix5616

Re: Capture One Pro with film packs
« Reply #2 on: June 18, 2019, 02:42:52 pm »

Thanks, I appreciate the help
Pages: [1]   Go Up