Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: P800 printing with PK or MK  (Read 976 times)

jkemp

P800 printing with PK or MK
« on: June 18, 2019, 07:14:50 am »

I’m almost about to buy a p800  it before I do I’d like to know some things..

I love printing occasionally onto board - One reason I'm considering the P800 with straight through path (though this is not a deal-breaker). I’ve owned the 4800 and it worked very well. Has anyone got any experience on the success of doing same on p800?

I want to start using more arty type papers rather than the lustre and gloss I’ve used in the past, though I still do want to print with these.  However I’m not very keen on wasting loads of ink to do the pk/mk swap. What do you reckon it costs you in ml or £ to do the swap?

To save swapping are there thickish arty papers out there that you can use PK inks with successfully? Would love to know your experiences as I am looking to sell these prints as art.  Obviously I want longevity and a premium feel to sell. I am not often a fan of matte papers with their lack of deep blacks. Baryta types perhaps?
John

sbay

• http://stephenbayphotography.com/
Re: P800 printing with PK or MK
« Reply #1 on: June 18, 2019, 12:36:05 pm »

See http://www.northlight-images.co.uk/epson-surecolor-p800-printer-review/#change_inks

Basically 5ml to switch to photo black, 2ml the other way. Not sure why it isn't symmetric.

robertDthomas

• Robert Thomas Photography
« Reply #2 on: June 18, 2019, 01:58:27 pm »

I have not printed on poster board but have used wide gap setting to print on thin wood veneer and thin aluminum sheet and that has worked fine with the poster board setting.  The spec for thickness is: Poster board: 0.047 inch (1.2 mm) to 0.059 inch (1.5 mm)

TeamG

« Reply #3 on: June 20, 2019, 11:47:55 pm »

I started having a love affair with the lustre papers through my P800 but now these days I almost exclusivly print on the matt papers. Once you find your groove you won't switch PK/LK inks all that often and if you are selling your work at a reasonable margin the cost of ink shouldn't really matter too much
Pages: [1]   Go Up