Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: 2018 Mac Mini and Lightroom  (Read 721 times)

faberryman

2018 Mac Mini and Lightroom
« on: June 12, 2019, 03:45:28 pm »

Does anyone have one of the new 2018 Mac Minis running the latest version of Lightroom? I am interested in whether the integrated graphics can run Enhanced Details, and, if so, what the processing time is. Thanks.

kers

• Pieter Kers
Re: 2018 Mac Mini and Lightroom
« Reply #1 on: June 12, 2019, 04:48:13 pm »

You can be sure it is very slow, since the mac mini does not have a seriuos GPU and enhanced details workes only on the GPU.
( i think i read something on this site about minutes)
May be an added eGPU might be a solution to overcome this problem. Have no experience with that.
LR itself benefits on the CPU- the more cores and the fater the cores rune the faster it is.
Pieter Kers
www.beeld.nu/la

faberryman

« Reply #2 on: June 12, 2019, 05:16:08 pm »

You can be sure it is very slow, since the mac mini does not have a seriuos GPU and enhanced details workes only on the GPU.
( i think i read something on this site about minutes)
May be an added eGPU might be a solution to overcome this problem. Have no experience with that.
LR itself benefits on the CPU- the more cores and the fater the cores rune the faster it is.
Enhanced details doesn't run on a late 2011 Mac Mini at all. The eGPU is a pretty big enclosure, negating the small slim footprint of the Mac Mini.

Joe Towner

« Reply #3 on: June 13, 2019, 01:59:38 am »

There are smaller form factor eGPU's than the monster from BlackMagic - the Sonnet 560 & 670 pucks are pretty small - 6"x5.1"x2"
t: @PNWMF
Pages: [1]   Go Up