Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Affinity Photo 1.7 now released  (Read 1041 times)

Rhossydd

• http://www.paulholman.com
Affinity Photo 1.7 now released
« on: June 06, 2019, 03:32:20 am »

The latest update to Affinity Photo is now out, 1.7.
This seems significantly faster when opening and working with RAW files. Many other additions and improvements too.
Free update for existing owners and 20% off at the moment to buy for the first time.

Bart_van_der_Wolf

Re: Affinity Photo 1.7 now released
« Reply #1 on: June 06, 2019, 09:45:07 am »

The latest update to Affinity Photo is now out, 1.7.
This seems significantly faster when opening and working with RAW files. Many other additions and improvements too.
Free update for existing owners and 20% off at the moment to buy for the first time.

Yes, and a very nice update it is. Many refinements and improved features.

For those who are fond of history steps, which Affinity Photo allows to optionally save, there is another useful feature addition; 'Alternate futures'
This allows to go back in history and create new/alternative branches of operations with their own history.

Here's a tutorial video that shows how that works:
https://affinity.serif.com/en-us/tutorials/photo/desktop/video/310764514

Cheers,
Bart

P.S. And 'Affinity Designer' has also been updated. 'Designer' is oriented at working with Vector Art images, with a very similar look and feel as 'Photo'.

P.P.S. And the first public release version of 'Affinity Publisher' is about to be launched later this month. 'Publisher' is oriented at designing Brochures, Newsletters, and similar documents/publications. It also looks very well thought out and powerful. I've been testing/using the Beta version, that's how I know. I just ordered the prepaid version at a discount, to be released around the 19th this month.
« Last Edit: June 06, 2019, 10:13:29 am by Bart_van_der_Wolf »
== If you do what you did, you'll get what you got. ==

32BT

• Pictures
« Reply #2 on: June 06, 2019, 10:10:06 am »

I'm not happy.  >:(

They seemed to have removed the ability to preview with a better interpolator than bilinear. Where did that go?
Regards,
~ O ~
If you can stomach it: pictures

Bart_van_der_Wolf

« Reply #3 on: June 06, 2019, 11:38:27 am »

I'm not happy.  >:(

They seemed to have removed the ability to preview with a better interpolator than bilinear. Where did that go?

Dunno.

But Raw conversion quality has been improved, it's quite decent now. So, there's something different for different folks.

Maybe the preview options have been discussed during the development of the Beta version. I'd have to search on their forum if it has been mentioned.

Cheers,
Bart
== If you do what you did, you'll get what you got. ==

32BT

• Pictures
« Reply #4 on: June 06, 2019, 05:14:36 pm »

Dunno.

But Raw conversion quality has been improved, it's quite decent now. So, there's something different for different folks.

Maybe the preview options have been discussed during the development of the Beta version. I'd have to search on their forum if it has been mentioned.

Cheers,
Bart

That software is serving me well. In fact, there was no reason for me to upgrade other than the App store b*tching about it. Unfortunately, I don't think 1.6 is available any longer!? Bleh.
Regards,
~ O ~
If you can stomach it: pictures
Pages: [1]   Go Up