Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: FRAUD ALERT Joshcasper & DiazGuadalupe  (Read 1421 times)

drewharty

FRAUD ALERT Joshcasper & DiazGuadalupe
« on: June 05, 2019, 10:12:39 am »

I posted a WTB Rodenstock HR Diagaron 100mm ad and had a response from joshcasper indicating his friend Diaz Guadalupe <diazguad131@gmail.com> had one to sell.

I corresponded with Diaz about the lens sale over several emails. He had knowledge about the lens and other related photographic equipment. I was suspect of the deal, but after talking with my credit card bank, I decided to play the odds and complete the sale. After making the payment, Diaz Guadalupe has disappeared and stopped responding to emails. I am in the process of completing a charge back.

Joshcasper and DiazGuadalupe, or people using these names, had a scenario worked out and had very likely done this before.

Drew Harty

Endeavour

Re: FRAUD ALERT Joshcasper & DiazGuadalupe
« Reply #1 on: June 05, 2019, 11:31:00 am »

How did you pay? you mention your credit card, but was it via paypal or a merchant payment?

What was the timeframe between making the payment and starting the chargeback?

Jeremy Roussak

• Administrator
    • site
« Reply #2 on: June 05, 2019, 02:32:18 pm »

I posted a WTB Rodenstock HR Diagaron 100mm ad and had a response from joshcasper indicating his friend Diaz Guadalupe <diazguad131@gmail.com> had one to sell.

Posted where? Response from where?

Jeremy

drewharty

« Reply #3 on: July 18, 2019, 09:30:36 am »

I had posted a WTB ad on GetDpi for sale and was responded to on GetDpi for sale.

I emailed with the fraudulent seller about a week before agreeing to the purchase and making a payment.

Drew

DominicWhite

« Reply #4 on: August 22, 2021, 07:35:31 pm »

"Too much fraud everywhere. I hate doing anything online now because I've been scammed a few times already. The thing is that I can't trust people that are not a part of https://covery.ai/products/trustchain. When I find someone there, I know they're legit, and I can do business with them.
Some might not want to be a part of something like this, but it's wrong. Many people are getting frauded by online scammers, and stuff like trustchain from Covery can help fight that. You will know when you're dealing with bots and when you're dealing with real people. The number of bots will surprise you..."
« Last Edit: August 25, 2021, 01:23:16 pm by DominicWhite »

nicoswartz

« Reply #5 on: August 23, 2021, 01:45:00 am »

GetDpi is full of scammers. Always ask for a picture of the product + a piece of paper with your name and date.
Double check the picture if it's not photoshopped (I had it once) and if that's ok, just go for it!
I also got scammed years ago, you don't expect scammers for products like this.. but it also happend to me.
Since I use the photo method it never happend again.
Pages: [1]   Go Up