Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Lillian Bassman encore  (Read 1007 times)

Rob C

Lillian Bassman encore
« on: June 05, 2019, 04:11:52 am »

For reasons not entirely clear, I placed this in its wrong pigeon hole; here it feels more comfortable.

https://www.nytimes.com/2009/07/17/arts/design/17bassman.html

https://www.1stdibs.com/introspective-magazine/lillian-bassman/

In a way, her early relationship with hubby-to-be shows that much about the feminist movement was surplus to actual requirement: many people of any spirit just got on with life. For the rest, you get pretty much what you invite.

Rob

brianrybolt

Re: Lillian Bassman encore
« Reply #1 on: June 05, 2019, 05:31:21 am »

Excellent Rob - Thank you for sharing.

Rob C

« Reply #2 on: June 05, 2019, 06:15:12 am »

Excellent Rob - Thank you for sharing.

My pleasure, it really is; if not a photo groupie, exactly, there has always been that selection of photographers that I can look at over and over again and not become bored with what's produced.

If other people can find some of the same enjoyment, I'm more than delighted to share links. It's one of the undoubted advantages of the digital age that this stuff is available to all who seek.

Thanks -

Rob

KLaban

• Keith Laban Photography
« Reply #3 on: June 05, 2019, 08:20:43 am »

Moved from previous thread.

A remarkable artist by any definition.

Rob, Hellenic diversion.

fdisilvestro

• Frank Disilvestro
« Reply #4 on: June 05, 2019, 11:31:14 pm »

If other people can find some of the same enjoyment, I'm more than delighted to share links.

Yes, please

Rob C

« Reply #5 on: June 06, 2019, 10:29:59 am »

Moved from previous thread.

A remarkable artist by any definition.

Rob, Hellenic diversion.

Congrats! Which area this time? Z, M or both?

There's something in the air around May... I started the damn shutter ritual again a day or two ago, and as it's Thursday and I have to eat at home, I made paella with which, for the first time in zonks, I had a beer. I don't much like beer, but have realised that living with the 1 glass per day of red wine deal meant that a bottle lasted six weeks. Well, the bottle did, the wine not so much! But I digress.

I pulled out all my French travel info/maps stuff after eating, and buried my nose in that until I reached the lump in my throat bit, when I put them all away again; it always ends up like that.

Oh well, keeps the mind active, at least, and myself out of the way of the drying varnish that I applied to the guests' bathroom window this morning; that stuff is foul and permeates the building - as does the paella. I have to admit I get tempted to do a little trip on my own, but know it wouldn't work if it meant a return trip right back where I started from (don't want a holiday, want a total change), so I shall await the sale of the apartment when I will attempt - or disappear - doing the one-way Full Monty.

Rob

32BT

• Pictures
« Reply #6 on: June 06, 2019, 10:47:47 am »

You've got some stiff competition to deal with though: apartment for sale
Regards,
~ O ~
If you can stomach it: pictures
Pages: [1]   Go Up