Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Centering the image on a sheet equal margins ???  (Read 4667 times)

FrankG

Re: Centering the image on a sheet equal margins ???
« Reply #20 on: June 07, 2019, 08:41:05 am »

@nirpat89

"There is a way out of this conundrum.  Specify Borderless printing by checking the box in Epson driver, even though you are not printing borderless with image smaller than the page.  It will remove the minimum margin requirement and now Photoshop will center trully with the whole of the page and not just the printable area."

There are 2 borderless options for each paper size (hover over paper size) - retain size and expand. One keeps the paper dimension and the other increases it. I assume you mean to keep the paper dimension.

Q: Is this not exactly the same thing as setting up a preset - by managing custom size>choosing the paper size> & making all the margins 0

Go back to Ps & make sure Center is checked , & any image smaller than the paper should be centred

nirpat89

• Photography by Niranjan Patel
« Reply #21 on: June 07, 2019, 10:41:24 am »

@nirpat89

"There is a way out of this conundrum.  Specify Borderless printing by checking the box in Epson driver, even though you are not printing borderless with image smaller than the page.  It will remove the minimum margin requirement and now Photoshop will center trully with the whole of the page and not just the printable area."

There are 2 borderless options for each paper size (hover over paper size) - retain size and expand. One keeps the paper dimension and the other increases it. I assume you mean to keep the paper dimension.

Q: Is this not exactly the same thing as setting up a preset - by managing custom size>choosing the paper size> & making all the margins 0

Go back to Ps & make sure Center is checked , & any image smaller than the paper should be centred

I might have confused the issue a wee-bit (apologies) by not realizing that there seems to be a considerable difference between the OSX driver and the Windows driver.  In the latter, which is what I have, there is no place (that I could find) where you can attribute a margin size in the custom paper preset.  But it does have Borderless check box, that would do the same as zeroing all the margins as you suggest.  So in essence, they are the same.  Also, the Borderless option in Windows is a simple check/un-check, with no size expand or retain options. 

Learning from this exercise, I might actually start printing everything borderless so I will never have to worry about making calculations in my mind exactly how much is the image from the top or bottom etc.  I do a lot of test prints where I print smaller images on the same paper before I scale up on the proper larger sizes.  In placing those I frequently forget to account for those minimum margins (the zebra stripes) when figuring out the numbers from top and left and end up with images overlapping at the edges.

I am glad you figured out your issue. 

:Niranjan.

FrankG

« Reply #22 on: June 08, 2019, 10:22:39 am »

... by adding .05" to the left margin in the driver I can count on a properly centred print

that seems to be about it
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up