Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Sunset at Angkor Wat  (Read 434 times)

Rayyan

Sunset at Angkor Wat
« on: June 03, 2019, 04:30:41 am »

Ray

Re: Sunset at Angkor Wat
« Reply #1 on: June 03, 2019, 09:00:14 am »

It needs processing. The colours are too insipid. The following modification is more impressive, in my view of course.

RSL

• http://www.russ-lewis.com
« Reply #2 on: June 03, 2019, 09:44:52 am »

I was at Ubon Ratchathani in 1954, and had a chance to visit Angkor, but didn't take the time to do it, thinking I'd be able to do it later in my tour. Then Rolling Thunder started, and that was the end of that idea. I've always regretted not going when I had the chance.
Russ Lewis  www.russ-lewis.com.

Ray

« Reply #3 on: June 03, 2019, 07:52:26 pm »

I was at Ubon Ratchathani in 1954, and had a chance to visit Angkor, but didn't take the time to do it, thinking I'd be able to do it later in my tour. Then Rolling Thunder started, and that was the end of that idea. I've always regretted not going when I had the chance.

That would have been an excellent time to visit the ruins, Russ. I first travelled to Angkor Wat from Thailand in 1963. In those days, Siem Reap was just a village with a few hotels, and there were hardly any tourists walking around the ruins.

Nowadays Siem Reap is a large city with masses of tourists. When visiting the many ruins it's often difficult to photograph anything without groups of tourists standing in the way, all taking selfies.

Rayyan

« Reply #4 on: June 04, 2019, 01:11:39 pm »

Thanks Ray. Excellent rendering. Personally, I would tone down the saturation a bit though; just me.

Best.

It needs processing. The colours are too insipid. The following modification is more impressive, in my view of course.

Rayyan

« Reply #5 on: June 04, 2019, 01:15:18 pm »

Agree with Ray that it has become very touristy ( we added to the count  :) ).

I know of a few ‘ non touristy ‘ places in SE Asia, but my age and health don’t allow me that luxury.

Take care.

Pages: [1]   Go Up