Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Cambo WRS Digital back mount Adapters  (Read 646 times)

felix5616

Cambo WRS Digital back mount Adapters
« on: May 30, 2019, 11:27:14 am »

I have a Cambo WRS 1250 with a phase one mount adapter that was designed for IQ2 backs, can I use an IQ3 back with the older phase one mount adapter

nemtom

• Tamas Nemeth
    • 500 px gallery
Re: Cambo WRS Digital back mount Adapters
« Reply #1 on: May 30, 2019, 12:06:19 pm »

I have a Cambo WRS 1250 with a phase one mount adapter that was designed for IQ2 backs, can I use an IQ3 back with the older phase one mount adapter

Although a picture of that adapter would help to understand which adapter you have, in general I'd say that the sole role of those adapters are to provide mechanical mounting point for the back. As all IQ backs have the same mounting layout, your adapter should work properly with any IQ back.

Steve Hendrix

• http://www.captureintegration.com/
« Reply #2 on: May 30, 2019, 07:14:48 pm »

If you are referring to the size of the pin opening, then the newer Cambo Interface Adapter has increases in size to accommodate the extra pins of the IQ3. As does Alpa, as does Arca, ....

With that said, I have many clients still using old school adapters with IQ3 and IQ4. The pins compress and so far we have not had any issue reported from any client who used the older adapter with the newer IQ backs.

Steve Hendrix/CI
Steve Hendrix • 404-543-8475 www.captureintegration.com (e-mail Me)
Phase One | Leaf | Leica | Alpa | Cambo | Sinar | Arca Swiss

felix5616

« Reply #3 on: May 31, 2019, 09:08:42 pm »

thanks
Pages: [1]   Go Up