Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Sony A9  (Read 570 times)

PeterAit

• Peter Aitken Photographs
Sony A9
« on: May 29, 2019, 05:18:12 pm »

This is my wife's retirement present to herself. She has become a serious and skilled bird photographer and wanted better IQ. This camera is great for this use - 20 fps and excellent ability to keep focus of moving targets. Heavy lens, though, the 100-400. I have the A7 and I must say I am more and more impressed by Sony's cameras and lenses.

hogloff

Re: Sony A9
« Reply #1 on: May 29, 2019, 08:14:01 pm »

Looks like a great combo. I've seen some amazing BIF images from that exact setup.

Here's my retirement present to myself 3 years ago   :)

Martin Kristiansen

• Martin Kristiansen
Re: Sony A9
« Reply #2 on: May 29, 2019, 09:59:37 pm »

Two of my favorite things in one thread! Lovely dog. 

I recently bought the A9 myself, about three weeks ago, and a week later traded my A7Rii in on a A7Riii. I have set up the 7 but have yet to take a proper photo with it. I can’t keep my hands off the A9. After decades of commercial photography and still shooting on my down time as a hobbyist I am kind of blasé about cameras but this A9 has me hooked. It’s just so much fun. I am going to shoot at a local dog park as soon as I get a gap, I’m keen to see how the camera copes with running dogs. I have a client that makes active wear and uses a ballet dancer as a brand ambassador, can’t wait for the next shoot for them, I am going to try more stuff with movement and jumping than I did with the  7rii.  That’s the thing with the A9, I keep looking for excuses to go shoot.

Wouldn’t mind seeing some of the images your wife is getting with this camera Peter.
Commercial photography is 10% inspiration and 90% moving furniture around.
Pages: [1]   Go Up