Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Light on the Tuscan Land  (Read 1000 times)

Hans Kruse

• Hans Kruse Photography
Light on the Tuscan Land
« on: May 27, 2019, 10:46:38 am »

Another one from Tuscany shot from the Belvedere view point next to my group and many others coming to this spot. Shot at 400mm on my Canon 100-400.

Light on the Tuscan Land by Hans Kruse, on Flickr
« Last Edit: July 22, 2019, 08:34:53 am by Hans Kruse »

RSL

• http://www.russ-lewis.com
Re: Light on the Tuscan Land
« Reply #1 on: May 27, 2019, 11:07:38 am »

You're firing on all cylinders, Hans. That's just plain beautiful. Bravo!
Russ Lewis  www.russ-lewis.com.

francois

« Reply #2 on: May 27, 2019, 11:18:30 am »

This wonderful light sculpts the landscape so perfectly… Val d'Orcia is just fantastic with those soft hills.
Well done!
Francois

LesPalenik

• advantica blog
« Reply #3 on: May 27, 2019, 12:50:53 pm »

Exquisite image, Hans

thierrylegros396

« Reply #4 on: May 27, 2019, 12:51:10 pm »

Just at the right moment.

Thierry

32BT

• Pictures
« Reply #5 on: May 27, 2019, 01:33:15 pm »

I've been meaning to say this before but was reluctant because of the potential controversy. Let me start by saying that I was practically raised on Canon and love the ergonomics to death, but here's the thing: I really believe your photography deserves a better sensor...

So there, I said it.

Regards,
~ O ~
If you can stomach it: pictures

Hans Kruse

• Hans Kruse Photography
« Reply #6 on: May 27, 2019, 03:20:02 pm »

Thanks for the comments :)

Hans Kruse

• Hans Kruse Photography
« Reply #7 on: May 27, 2019, 03:22:55 pm »

I've been meaning to say this before but was reluctant because of the potential controversy. Let me start by saying that I was practically raised on Canon and love the ergonomics to death, but here's the thing: I really believe your photography deserves a better sensor...

So there, I said it.

Thanks for saying it :) Not sure what value to put to it though. My 5DSR is great, just like my D850 is great. But really why is that you come with this comment? Is there a flaw with my pictures that make you comment this or is it because you made a visit to DxO Mark recently. Or do you ask me why I shoot with the Canon?
« Last Edit: May 27, 2019, 03:28:43 pm by Hans Kruse »

Eric Myrvaagnes

• http://myrvaagnes.com
    • http://myrvaagnes.com
« Reply #8 on: May 27, 2019, 04:09:44 pm »

All I had with me on my one trip to Tuscany in 2005 was a Canon 10D, and I think a 24-105mm lens. Even that gave me some nice images, but none in the league of yours, Hans.

Clearly the sensor behind the camera is the most important!   ;)
-Eric Myrvaagnes (visit my website: http://myrvaagnes.com)

32BT

• Pictures
« Reply #9 on: May 27, 2019, 04:11:54 pm »

Thanks for saying it :) Not sure what value to put to it though. My 5DSR is great, just like my D850 is great. But really why is that you come with this comment? Is there a flaw with my pictures that make you comment this or is it because you made a visit to DxO Mark recently. Or do you ask me why I shoot with the Canon?

Yes, the problem is that beautiful golden light on the lush green pastures. The Canon dyes always had, and still have a problem with dark green and dark yellows. You get those muddy brown and inconsistent colorshading artifacts, even visible on thumbnails. The shaded yellow turns gray, etc. I can spot a Canon file from a mile away because of it. The midtone colors are brilliant, but the deep dark tones are just bleh.

Mind you, I can also spot a Sony file from a mile because those dyes have a tendency towards fluorescent green, which brings me to my point: for your particular photography with lots of lush greens, golden yellows, and deep earthly browns, bathed in that beautiful warm Tuscan light, it probably pays to look elsewhere.

Rumour has it that there is a new Fuji in town...  ;-)
Regards,
~ O ~
If you can stomach it: pictures

Hans Kruse

• Hans Kruse Photography
« Reply #10 on: May 27, 2019, 04:26:04 pm »

Yes, the problem is that beautiful golden light on the lush green pastures. The Canon dyes always had, and still have a problem with dark green and dark yellows. You get those muddy brown and inconsistent colorshading artifacts, even visible on thumbnails. The shaded yellow turns gray, etc. I can spot a Canon file from a mile away because of it. The midtone colors are brilliant, but the deep dark tones are just bleh.

Mind you, I can also spot a Sony file from a mile because those dyes have a tendency towards fluorescent green, which brings me to my point: for your particular photography with lots of lush greens, golden yellows, and deep earthly browns, bathed in that beautiful warm Tuscan light, it probably pays to look elsewhere.

Rumour has it that there is a new Fuji in town...  ;-)

What you are seeing here is mostly post processing and not the sensor. The picture is miles away from what was imported into Lightroom- I don't see a major difference between the D850 and the 5DSR except when I go to the limits of the 5DSR which is not the case here. For the moment this is processed to the my taste for the what the moment, but at another time perhaps a different interpretation. Just the white balance where I chose a warmer tone than the camera calculated makes a big difference. I don't believe for a second you could recognize this as coming from a Canon. It could easily be coming from my Nikon. The important thing for an image like this is what it should look like and what mood it should convey. It is not a matter of color accuracy and noise in the shadows at all. I have no intent of trying the Fuji. It is  not a matter of the sensor. It is a matter of myself and how I would like to present an image. My taste in presenting it will not appeal to all for sure and I don't pretend it should. If I can make somebody have a visual experience or emotion seeing the picture I would be happy. If I could eventually inspire somebody that would be even better.

It is not about the sensor. If anything it is more about censor.

Mark Nadler

« Reply #11 on: May 28, 2019, 02:05:07 am »

I find the colors and light just beautiful.

mark

Paulo Bizarro

• http://www.paulobizarro.com
« Reply #12 on: May 28, 2019, 05:07:03 am »

Magic light.

stamper

« Reply #13 on: May 28, 2019, 05:24:05 am »

Majestic!

Hans Kruse

• Hans Kruse Photography
« Reply #14 on: May 28, 2019, 06:34:24 am »

Thanks very much for the further comments and glad you liked it :)

HonorableSensor

« Reply #15 on: May 28, 2019, 11:25:50 am »

It's a beautiful photo--so effective that you have me thinking of what days of vacation I have for this year, and, what kind of budget I need for a trip to Italy!   :D
Pages: [1]   Go Up