Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Distractions  (Read 1035 times)

Martin Kristiansen

• Martin Kristiansen
Distractions
« on: May 26, 2019, 04:34:27 am »

I am perpetually amazed at what people get up to while peering at phone screens. Shot this testing out a new camera on the Sea Point promenade in Cape Town. I wonder if she found the beautiful view at all distracting?
Commercial photography is 10% inspiration and 90% moving furniture around.

Ivo_B

• www.ivophoto.be
Re: Distractions
« Reply #1 on: May 26, 2019, 05:47:48 am »

Peoples seem to live through the smartphone. Probably because that corrupted internet portal full of reality manipulation is the perfect mask to cover what we really are?
Doing street photography, It's easy to avoid ugly skips in your street picture, avoiding people gazing at the screen is virtually impossible.

I don't want to avoid it. It's a sign of the time. I want to show today in my pictures, I don't want to ignore it.

I read an interview with Ed Van der Elsken (Dutch Photographer). In the begin of his carrier, he used B&W, later he switched to colour and got even closer to the skin of time with colour. That's a very valuable insight, imo.

petermfiore

• Peter Fiore Fine Art
« Reply #2 on: May 26, 2019, 10:54:41 am »

I don't want to avoid it. It's a sign of the time. I want to show today in my pictures, I don't want to ignore it.
 That's a very valuable insight, imo.

Indeed. An artist should make things from the point of view of being alive in the first decades of the Twenty-first century.

Peter

Rob C

« Reply #3 on: May 26, 2019, 11:36:58 am »

Indeed. An artist should make things from the point of view of being alive in the first decades of the Twenty-first century.

Peter

Why? Isn't that an exclusive dogma?

;-)

Martin Kristiansen

• Martin Kristiansen
« Reply #4 on: May 26, 2019, 11:51:11 am »

Peoples seem to live through the smartphone. Probably because that corrupted internet portal full of reality manipulation is the perfect mask to cover what we really are?
Doing street photography, It's easy to avoid ugly skips in your street picture, avoiding people gazing at the screen is virtually impossible.

I read an interview with Ed Van der Elsken (Dutch Photographer). In the begin of his carrier, he used B&W, later he switched to colour and got even closer to the skin of time with colour. That's a very valuable insight, imo.

I don’t usually shoot weddings but a friends brother likes the way I shoot and asked me to fly to Cape Town to shoot his wedding. He wanted it in Black and White. I was itching to shoot something fun so agreed and it was like a switch got thrown in my head, suddenly I was seeing everything in terms of black and white. This morning I took some photos while walking my dogs, I. Still seeing in black and white.

Ivo_B

• www.ivophoto.be
« Reply #5 on: May 27, 2019, 08:14:16 am »

;-)

Why should this dogma be of a lesser kind than the other here so often proclaimed dogmas?

Slobodan Blagojevic

• When everyone thinks the same, nobody thinks
    • My website
« Reply #6 on: May 27, 2019, 08:19:23 am »

For a moment, I thought it’s a really cool wedding photograph.

petermfiore

• Peter Fiore Fine Art
« Reply #7 on: May 27, 2019, 08:24:44 am »

;-)

Possibly?

:~)

Martin Kristiansen

• Martin Kristiansen
« Reply #8 on: May 27, 2019, 09:33:09 am »

For a moment, I thought it’s a really cool wedding photograph.

I’m pretty much done with cool wedding photos. I used to print for my father when I was 14. Wedding photos. I shot my first wedding at 16. Who on earth would hire a 16 year old to shoot their wedding? I thought this one would be a bit of fun but it was hard work. Anyway below is a photo from the wedding. They are not my strong point but the couple were happy and are ordering some prints.

Rob C

« Reply #9 on: May 28, 2019, 07:34:14 am »

When I had hair I used to dream of it going like that; the reality was it tended to end up in curls, which wasn't where I intended to be at all.

Eventually, as with everything in life, I compromised, and ended up as a somewhat unwilling clone of Angel in The Rockford Files. I rest my case, as it were.

The evidence also marks the spot where Slobodan shot a shot using his 'blad. Not sure who was there first, but as I didn't use a tripod, no holes no blame, so I cede first tripod to him.

(You can see that my wife paid her way on those gigs.)

:-)

petermfiore

• Peter Fiore Fine Art
« Reply #10 on: May 28, 2019, 07:58:52 am »

Eventually, as with everything in life, I compromised, and ended up as a somewhat unwilling clone of Angel in The Rockford Files. I rest my case, as it were.

I'm so sorry...truly ; )

Peter

Rob C

« Reply #11 on: May 28, 2019, 12:36:38 pm »

I'm so sorry...truly ; )

Peter

In retrospect, looking at the tans, I'm not surprised I went on to develop actinic keratosis. Silly bugger, etc., but pride brought its own reward. I hope that's it, and punishment doesn't follow me into the next world.

:-)
Pages: [1]   Go Up