Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Another for Italian Speakers.  (Read 1059 times)

Rob C

Another for Italian Speakers.
« on: May 25, 2019, 05:07:51 pm »

I dig the girl doing the interview (enough info for Slobodan?):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nJG0MTgAuMI

;-)

mbaginy

Re: Another for Italian Speakers.
« Reply #1 on: May 26, 2019, 03:44:25 am »

Gianni Berengo Gardin’s photographs are wonderful!  I wonder if he would enjoy photographing in Venezia today and how different his images would be.  It obviously helps to live in the city and walk the streets daily with a camera.  I seldom find the images envisioned during my infrequent visits - more though in winter.

I enjoyed listening to him speak, slow enough for my comprehension.  When visiting my sister, south of Roma, in July I need to practice the language more.

Thanks for that link, Rob!

Rob C

« Reply #2 on: May 26, 2019, 06:45:12 am »

Here's another link - to the lady on Hopper:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TFzhXrFKzUg

mbaginy

« Reply #3 on: May 26, 2019, 07:06:27 am »

I love Edward Hopper’s paintings.  Not so keen on the host Virginia, sorry Rob.  An interesting film.  A shame I didn’t know about that exhibit nine years ago, would have loved to visit.

Rob C

« Reply #4 on: May 26, 2019, 11:29:56 am »

I love Edward Hopper’s paintings.  Not so keen on the host Virginia, sorry Rob.  An interesting film.  A shame I didn’t know about that exhibit nine years ago, would have loved to visit.

Not to worry about Virginia; with a name like that we are both doomed not to have her! ;-)

Language: yes, it does require constant practice. Until I started going to school I spoke Italian and English at interchangable level as, having an Italian grandma, I frequently heard both languages around the house. Only many years later did I realise that my take is probably unique today, a version of the late 1800s: it's a mixture of Veneto and what was to become, politically, the "educated", consensual version of the Italian language. Knowing no other Italians than those few in that side of the family, I had no idea my version was different. Then, on my second visit to the country, first one as an adult, I spoke to the receptionist at a hotel. She was totally dismissive and insisted on speaking in English. Bitch. Did me a lot of lasting damage.

I watched several Virginia videos over lunch today, and realised that the interview she did with Gardin must be quite ancient; her youthful bloom has turned to something else. That said, were I younger and the offer came along out of the blue (that's why I do the lottery - a deep, irrevocable faith in serendipity) - well... Which is pretty much what Gardin tells her during the interview when speaking about his cat-like dog and the place of romance in his life (Gardin's life, not the dog's). Some artistically minimalist bra she was wearing during the interview. (Watch the viewing numbers rise.)

Rob

rabanito

« Reply #5 on: May 27, 2019, 04:54:01 pm »

Not to worry about Virginia; with a name like that we are both doomed not to have her! ;-)
Rob

As in Lina Werthmüller "Mimi metallurgico ferito nell'onore"

Melato tells Giannini that she is a virgin
He answers incredulous: «vergine... nel senso dell'oroscopo?»
 :)

Rob C

« Reply #6 on: May 28, 2019, 03:16:14 am »

As in Lina Werthmüller "Mimi metallurgico ferito nell'onore"

Melato tells Giannini that she is a virgin
He answers incredulous: «vergine... nel senso dell'oroscopo?»
 :)

In What's New, Pussycat, Paula Prentiss tells Peter O'Toole that she's a part-time virgin. When he asks what the hell that may be, she tells him that in Paris she's a virgin but at home she is not. She doesn't mention horoscopes, AFAIR, but probably speaks in the biblical sense.

Wish she could be our Prime Minister; she's fix Brexit in an instant!
Pages: [1]   Go Up