Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Needed to replace my laptop and now LR 6.3 willl not update to preview images  (Read 1288 times)

One Frame at a Time

Hi,  I know, its old ver of LR. But, I have found it OK for what I do.  I upgraded my system last year and had no problems installing the file I have for LR 6.0.  My system crashed and I needed a new laptop immediately.
I reinstalled, signed in and everything seems OK.....Except, the RAW images from my Fuji XT2 and XT20 will not display when I try to import them.  They worked fine in the system I brought on line last winter.
I did not have to jump through a bunch of hoops to get it working properly from what I remember
Any help would be appreciated!!

LR "Help" currently shows my version as 6.3 and Camera Raw is 9.0.   I see that it should support Camera Raw 10.1 and Final LR Ver was 6.4 . "Updating" within LR does nothing except get me an install of Adobe Application manager.
The Application manager prompted me to download Adobe Bridge (which I had hoped was the solution) but its the CC version and does not recogonize my install of 6.0. 

Within the Application Manager it shows my ver of LR as being up to date (I thought 6.4 was the last release?)  And my version of Camera Raw shows as up to date -
except Adobe says the last release for 6.0 was Camera Raw 10.1 - not 9.0 ???

Thanks in Advance 

MattBurt

• Looking for that other shot
    • Matt Burt Photography

This is probably a result of Adobe trying to shut down perpetual license users and force everyone into the subscription model.
I fear I'll come to this spot at some point as well. I have LR 6.14 with ACR 10.1 installed on my system and I'm a afraid if I get a new PC that I will be stuck as well. Maybe even with a significant hardware change in my existing system.

If you don't want to subscribe, this might be a good time to switch to another solution. I'd probably buy Capture One right now to be prepared but I sometimes shoot with a Pentax medium format camera and C1 will not support it.

Here's an article that just came out about other options. Good luck!
-MattB

faberryman

I have LR 6.14 with ACR 10.1 installed on my system and I'm a afraid if I get a new PC that I will be stuck as well. Maybe even with a significant hardware change in my existing system.
Why wouldn't LR 6..14 and ACR 10.1 not run on a new system? I don't understand why you would feel stuck in the future. You are stuck now. LR is already at 8.3.
« Last Edit: May 22, 2019, 07:11:32 pm by faberryman »

MattBurt

• Looking for that other shot
    • Matt Burt Photography

Why wouldn't LR 6..14 and ACR 10.1 not run on a new system? I don't understand why you would feel stuck in the future. You are already stuck now. LR is already at 8.3.

I'm afraid the installer or application phones home and if I needed to reinstall or reactivate I would not be able to due to the new licensing restrictions they are enforcing (or threatening to enforce). I know I can't update my application version but with my current cameras this version works fine. So I'm stuck on the same old version now but not stuck in terms of not having a working solution at the moment.
-MattB

One Frame at a Time

Well, some very good news for those of us stuck back in 2017.....

I found my way to my account on the Adobe Site.  And after poking around for a while - I found my old receipt for the upgrade of 6.0 that I bought from them on line.  I then stumbled into the app history for my account and lo and behold there were links to download the product again.  The Install file I had in my system was 750MB and the new one from them was 1.1GB.  After uninstalling the old and installing the new DL, I am able view and edit my images again.  System is showing at 6.14 with the Raw 10.1

I am guessing they are no longer handing down updates to 6.0 any longer and if you have an older version of the program installation files they will not get updated to the new - last version of 6.0
So, the thing to do is go get the last and final product version off the web site since it will not auto-update, it will just fetch the Application Manager which is a new CC driven application manager that has nothing to do with running 6.0

Thanks for all the Replies! 
« Last Edit: May 22, 2019, 07:01:23 pm by One Frame at a Time »

Jim Kasson

• The Last Word

john beardsworth

• My photography site

I'm afraid the installer or application phones home and if I needed to reinstall or reactivate I would not be able to due to the new licensing restrictions they are enforcing (or threatening to enforce). I know I can't update my application version but with my current cameras this version works fine. So I'm stuck on the same old version now but not stuck in terms of not having a working solution at the moment.

You have misinterpreted Adobe's recent attempts at communication.... There are no new licensing restrictions and they are not threatening to enforce anything.

What Adobe have said applies only to subscription-limited Lightroom (and PS and other CC apps), and what they are doing is no longer listing older versions in the application which one uses to install programs. My understanding is that this is because of legal issues they have with a third party (Dolby?), and they are warning customers using those older versions that the third party may try to enforce some copyright claims.

So they aren't changing licensing, not threatening to enforce anything, and it only applies to subscription-limited Adobe apps.

One Frame at a Time

Love your userid. Do you know that Johnny Cash song about a Cadillac.?

LOL, Thanks Jim.  No, never heard that song before although the tune seems familiar....I picked that User ID after spending a day of "One on One" tutoring from Michael at his
studio in Toronto a long time ago.
Pages: [1]   Go Up