Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: LR Book-> PDF Color Management  (Read 1161 times)

rabanito

LR Book-> PDF Color Management
« on: May 22, 2019, 10:44:08 am »

I put some photos together in LR and "created" a book with the Book Module
I exported the book to PDF

Now when I open the book in Adobe Acrobat the colors shown aren't right.

I assume that I have to adjust the color management somewhere but I cannot find any help.
LR, PS and Irfan and other apps all coincide
Any ideas?
Thanks

digitaldog

• Andrew Rodney
    • http://www.digitaldog.net/
Re: LR Book-> PDF Color Management
« Reply #1 on: May 22, 2019, 12:27:57 pm »

Need to see the PDF (Acrobat) preference's you've setup for color management. LR will export the images with embedded profiles so that's not the issue here.
http://www.digitaldog.net/
Author "Color Management for Photographers".

rabanito

« Reply #2 on: May 22, 2019, 01:12:40 pm »

Need to see the PDF (Acrobat) preference's you've setup for color management. LR will export the images with embedded profiles so that's not the issue here.

Yes, I understand that.
I looked of course into the Acrobat but I suspect that the Acrobat Reader does not allow color management.
At least I don't find settings among the preferences  :(

Alan Goldhammer

• A Goldhammer Photography
« Reply #3 on: May 24, 2019, 07:36:37 am »

Just did a quick Google search and it looks like color management can only be accomplished with Acrobat Professional.  Maybe this is just another example of Adobe being asleep at the wheel.  I've not used the book module in LR but one "would assume" that if color correction was done in LR it ought to translate over the Acrobat Reader.

rabanito

« Reply #4 on: May 24, 2019, 09:38:53 am »

Just did a quick Google search and it looks like color management can only be accomplished with Acrobat Professional.  Maybe this is just another example of Adobe being asleep at the wheel.  I've not used the book module in LR but one "would assume" that if color correction was done in LR it ought to translate over the Acrobat Reader.

I wanted to "share" images in an organized way, for example as a book with pages and all that.
Already is a concern of mine that many people don't calibrate their monitors.
Now another is that also many people do not own necessarily Adobe Professional, for most (me included) is the Reader more than enough.
So the probability that "normal" people with which you'd like to share images will see something different from your intention is not small.
It doesn't make much sense publishing on the Internet, you never know what other people are seeing...
The only way  seems to be printing then.
Pages: [1]   Go Up