Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: There is a bug inside my NEC!  (Read 643 times)

Peter Brentlinger

• peterbrentlinger.com
There is a bug inside my NEC!
« on: May 21, 2019, 09:30:55 pm »

So, I'm editing some photos when I see something moving on my screen. It's a very small insect. I go to wipe it away with a lens cloth and that's when I realize it's inside my NEC PA272W! I guess I'll just hope it dies off soon...That's it right next to the yellow circle.

Alan Klein

• Flicker photos
Re: There is a bug inside my NEC!
« Reply #1 on: May 21, 2019, 09:37:59 pm »

You're in good company.  Back in the 1940's when they were working on the first general purpose computer (I think it was the ENIAC), they found a problem that was causing failure. They finally tracked it down to a relay.  Inside the little box containing the relay was an insect, a bug, that kept getting bounced around causing erratic operation.  So the term "debugging" was coined. 

Peter Brentlinger

• peterbrentlinger.com
« Reply #2 on: May 22, 2019, 11:44:03 am »

Thanks Alan, That's an interesting anecdote! I don't see the little bugger today so hopefully it's gone...

PeterAit

• Peter Aitken Photographs
« Reply #3 on: May 31, 2019, 11:00:31 am »

You're in good company.  Back in the 1940's when they were working on the first general purpose computer (I think it was the ENIAC), they found a problem that was causing failure. They finally tracked it down to a relay.  Inside the little box containing the relay was an insect, a bug, that kept getting bounced around causing erratic operation.  So the term "debugging" was coined.

I love that story!
Pages: [1]   Go Up