Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: ON1 releases Photo RAW 2019.5  (Read 1633 times)

plugsnpixels

• http://www.plugsandpixels.com
ON1 releases Photo RAW 2019.5
« on: May 16, 2019, 12:19:09 pm »

This morning ON1 released Photo RAW 2019.5 (free upgrade for existing users and free 30-day unrestricted trial available.

New features:

Dual Mode — Easily undock the Browse Module from the Edit Module, use a second display, or make sales or client presentations on a projector or TV.

Edit History — A full edit history is presented when working on photos. Each editing step is viewable, along with the ability to roll-back and compare adjustments.

Settings Applied Info — Quickly view which modules, tools and filters are applied to a photo. Double-click on a setting and jump straight to it in a non-linear fashion for further adjustments.

Selective Sync — Enhanced granularity in which settings to apply when syncing your settings (or pasting and saving a preset). Drill down and only apply a white balance adjustment. The ability to sync cropping, retouching and brush strokes between photos is also included.

Hierarchical Keywords — The master keyword list now supports nesting keywords inside of other keywords. Organize keywords as you see fit. Import a list of nested keywords from other apps like Adobe Lightroom®.

Apple® Photos® Extension Enhancements — Integration with Apple Photos now supports the full raw data, improving adjustments to tone and color. It also supports re-editable non-destructive editing and more native ON1 Photo RAW features like layers, crop, and text.

First Launch Experience — If it is your first time using ON1 Photo RAW, there are new walkthroughs to help you learn the basics.

Tool Tips — Tool tip animations improve the usability and shorten the learning curve for each tool.

[Affiliate link deleted by moderator.]
« Last Edit: May 25, 2019, 05:27:58 pm by Jeremy Roussak »
Digital imaging blog, software discounts:
www.plugsandpixels.com/blog

Lightsmith

Re: ON1 releases Photo RAW 2019.5
« Reply #1 on: May 25, 2019, 02:03:45 pm »

I received the notice of the free upgrade released by ON1 and was struck with their having spent money to make their code more efficient and complete processing in less time. I worked with "big iron" and companies would very seldom spend money to make code more efficient and instead would roll over their lease to buy a faster mainframe computer. As with Microsoft's operating systems, the customer pays the price with the cost for new hardware with the increasingly poor performance of Windows variants.

I see that at work with Adobe's applications that provide dismal processing performance and their customers respond by asking on various forums which new computer to buy. That makes Adobe Photoshop CC and Lightroom CC by far the most expensive applications to use even ignoring the subscription service costs.

I have a data bottleneck since going to the 45MP D850 camera and would not for a second consider a MF camera that has twice the number of megapixels.

Jeremy Roussak

• Administrator
    • site
« Reply #2 on: May 25, 2019, 05:26:46 pm »

This morning ON1 released Photo RAW 2019.5 ...

Do not post links that (presumably) may lead to financial gain for you outside the For Sale forum. I have asked you before.

Jeremy

faberryman

« Reply #3 on: May 25, 2019, 05:36:48 pm »

Do not post links that (presumably) may lead to financial gain for you outside the For Sale forum. I have asked you before.
Thank you. His posts are really annoying.
Pages: [1]   Go Up