Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Encounter  (Read 492 times)

rabanito

Encounter
« on: May 16, 2019, 04:22:02 am »

Critiques welcome

Rob C

Re: Encounter
« Reply #1 on: May 16, 2019, 08:28:21 am »

Critiques welcome

It looks like you've been to my old stamping ground in Glasgow: Rouken Glen Park. I used to walk our pooches there sometimes twice a day; I developed a clear track on one of the grassy areas, and realised I'd better change direction now and again as a matter of civic duty.

Good old days, back then; the place was usually deserted in the mornings and straight after lunch, and the animals (only had one at a time, what do you take me for?) would chase thrown branches for hours, and I had the energy to throw branches for hours. It was best in snow, though: nobody else came!

:-(

rabanito

« Reply #2 on: May 16, 2019, 01:20:27 pm »

Good old days, back then; the place was usually deserted in the mornings and straight after lunch, and the animals (only had one at a time, what do you take me for?) would chase thrown branches for hours, and I had the energy to throw branches for hours. It was best in snow, though: nobody else came!

Thanks for sharing your memories, Rob.
Now I value the image more.

It was taken at the Wildpark Roggenhausen, near Aarau, Switzerland.
Maybe something like the Rouken Glen Park?

Rob C

« Reply #3 on: May 16, 2019, 03:43:46 pm »

Thanks for sharing your memories, Rob.
Now I value the image more.

It was taken at the Wildpark Roggenhausen, near Aarau, Switzerland.
Maybe something like the Rouken Glen Park?

I doubt my park compares; I last saw it about thirteen or fourteen years ago and it had changed quite a lot from what it had been; there was a wonderful old building there back in the 50s - a manor, a little château of sorts, but that was closed in parts and then demolished: the city wouldn't find the funds to protect it. Oddly enough, the same city can enforce strict conntrols over privately owned listed buildings... but hey, it was a left-wing city from as far back as I remember, so some delightful screwing going down there: make those rich guys pay for owning what they own! Probably makes envy less painful to bear.

:-)

Ivo_B

• www.ivophoto.be
« Reply #4 on: May 16, 2019, 04:36:30 pm »

Critiques welcome

Like it. You took the time to properly frame! Good work

faberryman

« Reply #5 on: May 16, 2019, 04:56:27 pm »

We used to get deer in our backyard before we had it fenced. Not really something you want. Never took photos of them. I had seen them before.

rabanito

« Reply #6 on: May 17, 2019, 10:53:53 am »

Thanks Ivo  :)

rabanito

« Reply #7 on: May 17, 2019, 10:56:20 am »

We used to get deer in our backyard before we had it fenced. Not really something you want. Never took photos of them. I had seen them before.
Thank you
Actually I foresaw the problem with deer and deer haters and had ordered a jaguar too meet all tastes but there were none available at the time
Maybe next week...  ;)

Rob C

« Reply #8 on: May 17, 2019, 11:40:22 am »

Thank you
Actually I foresaw the problem with deer and deer haters and had ordered a jaguar too meet all tastes but there were none available at the time
Maybe next week...  ;)

To be less dramatic, a kicking mustang would have been cheaper; might even have attracted sponsorship.

;-)
Pages: [1]   Go Up